Good Dealers, Post'em Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 01:04 AM
jnd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up classic ford

classic ford in smithfield so far has been the best dealer to work with the only problem with them is it takes a little more time to get the paper work done.......... my deal was great called Al my sales man and told him what I was looking for and what I would pay on a thur. he called on fri. and they had what I was looking for ....... they even gave me a new bedliner , and new floor mats because the truck didnot have a bedliner and the mats were nasty.........well not really just wanted some new ones

Old 02-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Thumbs up Central Iowa

Last summer when I got a recall notice on my '93 F250 I was to say the least SURPRISED. It dealt with the fuel valves and the return lines to the tanks. I took it Carriker Ford in Oskaloosa Iowa (60 miles S.E. of Des Moines. When I picked it up they said they'd changed the rear tank as it had a leak. The first time I filled it up it was pouring fuel. I discovered they'd put a junkyard tank in it - which wouldn't have bothered me if it hadn't leaked. I took it back and explained the problem also telling them that I was certain they had billed Ford for a new tank under warranty. A week later I had a new tank in my pickup - all at no charge to me.

Trail Rider

Old 02-23-2002, 10:57 PM
Ross ford in Wynne AR is a good place to buy a truck or any ford they will work with you until you buy something but once you buy it never go back until you need to trade in ten years or so thier service department has got to be the worst in the whole country no one has a clue how to fix any thing that is not in the book

Old 02-25-2002, 10:42 PM
In the Akron-Cleveland area

Montrose Ford in Montrose

I have purchased 3 vehicles from the same salesman in the last 2 years. (1 for my mother-in-law 2 For me 3 for the wife) Everytime I go in for service, I always get a follow-up call to make sure everything is OK. Had a problem once with the rustproofing that they contract out. Stains on the inside, a dinged up moulding etc. They were on it right away, loaner car and everything. I'll keep going back, though I hope I don't have to anytime soon! These damned things are expensive!

Old 02-28-2002, 12:10 AM
DFW service sucks..must go to Weatherford

South West Ford in Weatherford has the best service found at a dealer...and they are not the Auto Nation bull$%#*

Oh well, if you go ask for Roy K.

Old 03-11-2002, 08:19 PM
Sunset Ford in Phoenix

I can recommend ... bought my second truck from them a month ago, a 2001 King Ranch to replace a 1999 F150 Lariat. There were a couple paperwork issues on both purchases which would force me to give them a less than perfect rating, but they've more than made up for that over the years in their service work.

Old 03-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Cowles Ford - Woodbridge, VA:
2 Trucks - Both X-Plan

Normandy Ford - Ellicott City, MD:
Service Dept. fixed mom's car on a moments notice in an emergency and treated her like she was their mother.

Apple Ford - Columbia, MD
Great service and the Parts Dept. competes on price for my business.

Old 04-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, VA

Old 04-09-2002, 08:09 PM
there are tons of GOOD dealers here in Wyoming.
Laramie Peak wheatland--no doc. fees no haggling, give you afinal price and that is that.
Big Sky in Torrington is the same way
Wolf in Kimbal NE is also very good, and they have 2 T-Birds on the showroom floor right now, if only I had 50G's to spare.
BAD:
Spardley Ford In Cheyenne is not good at all, they will "find" things wrong with your truck while fixing something else, they love doc. fees and are rather pushy.

Old 04-09-2002, 08:13 PM
McCracken Ford in Pittsburgh, Pa. very good people to do eal with, see my post in the "Quality is Job #1" forum under broken mirro-->warranty fix for details.

Old 04-19-2002, 07:11 PM
Don't know about sales, but Fairlane Ford and Village Ford in Dearborn really suck. Fairlane tried to charge me for a warranty repair. I had to call and complain to the general manager. Not the service manager, but DEALER manager. Village Ford told me my keys were among a group of keys stolen. He said they leave them in the cars. When I finally wake up (call was at 7am, and I didn't have work that day) I call and they say they caught them and recovered keys. When I asked why on earth the leave them in cars overnight he was speachelss. When I finally get a ride over there in the afternoon to see that my car was still there and get an explanation, they explain that the mechanic simply misplaced my keys and mine weren't stolen. Now all of a sudden the put the keys inside overnight, and they didn't put them back out yet that day, and the mechanic thought they were stolen. When I asked which cars had stolen keys, he refused to talk about the issue any more. To top it off, at the end of that week when my car was supposed to be done, they were 6 hours late finishing.

Jack Demmer Lincoln Mercury in Dearborn is exactly the opposite. They went above and beyond their jobs. They had my broken drivers seat fixed the next day a half hour before I told them I need it. I would highly recommend them anyday.

Old 09-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Mel Hambelton Ford Wichita, Ks

Had real good luck with Mel Hambelton Ford in Wichita.
bought new 97 Ranger 4x4 traded it on a 2000 F-150 Supercab, traded it on a 2001 Supercrew, and finally traded it in for my 2002 HD Supercrew, Started with $5k down on the ranger and ended up with $7500 equity by the time I bought the HD.

Ive always had excellent service, quick turnaround, no complaints, they just had their grand opening of their new building on the west side of Wichita, truly impressive! 50 bay Service area is climate controlled, the floor has a gray epoxy surface that is just spotless, all the equipment is brand new, it looks way too good to be a garage! if you ever get a chance to see it, drop in and take a look!

Also had excellent service at Ford Country in Lewisville, Texas while on vacation, our Windstar van developed a A/C problem, they found the time to fit us in on a busy friday, got us in and out in no time

Old 09-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Mi gave me X-plan price after I let Mike Gentry (the salesman who is a good and honest guy) know I was most serious about the purchase.

I've never used them for service, so I don't know how they live up in that aspect.

Old 09-29-2002, 09:14 PM
Ruxer Ford in Jasper Indiana has been great so far

Old 09-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Kudos to Heritage Chevrolet in Chester, Va. Best Dealership I've ever had to deal with.

Thumbs down to Ciener-Woods Ford in Kernersville, NC. They are understaffed and their Service Department is incompetent. Love me F-150 though!

Quick Reply: Good Dealers, Post'em Here