Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Chips, Tuners & Programming
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Chips, Tuners & Programming SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 FORD f150
4.6 gas mileage

ok i have a 1997 f150 4.6L and im trying to coax as much gas mileage as i can out of it i bought the truck used 2 years ago and have maintained it well it aready had a k&n drop in filter in it new fuel injectors and i put autolite double platinum sparkplugs in it. sadly i think i've only had her on a full tank of gas maybe 3-4 times since i've taken ownership i have looked into the jet chips as well just looking for other ideas or comments
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
2009 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
What kind of mileage are you getting now?

What do you mean by "sadly i think i've only had her on a full tank of gas maybe 3-4 times since i've taken ownership"?

Are the tires stock size?

By well maintained, does this include all fluids, transmission, fuel system, throttle body, COPS, etc.?

If you decide to purchase a tuner (despite the overwhelming evidence against them improving MPG), please stay away from Jet. Look into SCT or Gryphon/Edge with custom tunes.

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
"The Spoon Department is now closed. Please proceed to the Self-Help Department, 3 doors down. Door is unlocked, but you will need to turn the **** and actually open the door yerself. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the hallway unnoticed for a very long time."
Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
2001 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
E fans, ud pulleys, combined with custom tune and light foot, SHOULD help out. But don't expect a huge difference
Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F-150
truck configuration

What is your current gearing and tire set up? what do you carry in the vehicle other than your self? These in addition to your driving habits will be the biggest influence on your mileage.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Garage is empty, add now

i mean that in the 2 years ive had my truck ive only had the tank full like a handful of times tire size is 256/70R17 but i believe a previous owner put them on cause the tire size sticker in the door says for 16in tires at a suprisingly low 29psi and on the up keep i am an auto technician and have maintained the fluids ect. as far as the rear ratio i have no clue if its still stock or if it was changed with the tires sizes i do know that my speedometer is off by 5mph slower that is and mostly is just me and the occasional trailer hauling scrap metal
Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Garage is empty, add now

as far as chips go ive found A.C.D and G-Force
Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
2009 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
If your tires are larger than stock, any MPG calculations will be inaccurate.

Both of those "chips' are total scams.

Spend some time reading through this forum.

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
"The Spoon Department is now closed. Please proceed to the Self-Help Department, 3 doors down. Door is unlocked, but you will need to turn the **** and actually open the door yerself. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the hallway unnoticed for a very long time."
Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 PM