level 3 evo problem/question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
level 3 evo problem/question

when i run level three the truck runs fine but when i go into custom and i try to change the wot shifts the truck cuts out and the load percentage is like at 57 percent just idleing and its cutting out. when i drive it it acts like its about to die. When i go back to level three canned and then custom menu and change my tire size, gear ratio, speed limiter and leave everything else alone the truck runs awesome. Any ideas to why it idle so ruff when i change the wot on level 3?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
when i run level three the truck runs fine but when i go into custom and i try to change the wot shifts the truck cuts out and the load percentage is like at 57 percent just idleing and its cutting out. when i drive it it acts like its about to die. When i go back to level three canned and then custom menu and change my tire size, gear ratio, speed limiter and leave everything else alone the truck runs awesome. Any ideas to why it idle so ruff when i change the wot on level 3?
I'm on mobile so I can't see any of your info.
What year truck?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because you have an 03 I'm not sure that this applies but for the 04-08's this would be a good setup for WOT shifts

1-2 5250
2-3 5250
3-4 4800

Rev limit 5700

Old 12-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
This sounds a lot like something two other people have reported, and it wasn't the max RPM that was the problem or the WOT shifts, but was associated with trying to change the WOT fuel. Try your custom settings again, but this time leave the WOT fuel alone.

- Jack

Old 12-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
This sounds a lot like something two other people have reported, and it wasn't the max RPM that was the problem or the WOT shifts, but was associated with trying to change the WOT fuel. Try your custom settings again, but this time leave the WOT fuel alone.

- Jack
I never changed the wot fuel it does it when i change the wot shifts, its done it both times i have tried to change the shifts.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
I never changed the wot fuel it does it when i change the wot shifts, its done it both times i have tried to change the shifts.
OK, that's a new one on me!

I suggest you get in touch with Edge Tech Support on this, and, let us know what they tell you. They seem very interested in helping with problems, so don't pass up what they have to offer.

- Jack

Old 12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
OK, that's a new one on me!

I suggest you get in touch with Edge Tech Support on this, and, let us know what they tell you. They seem very interested in helping with problems, so don't pass up what they have to offer.

- Jack
i will contact them tomorrow, today i went back to level 2 cause i filled up with regular and when it programmed to level 2 i started the truck and it died started it back up died again the 3rd time it stayed running but was doing the exact same thing as it was with level 3 idleing real low etc, i shut the truck down and reprogramed it again with level two and started it up and it ran fine.

Quick Reply: level 3 evo problem/question