Gryphon Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon Tunes

Im trading in my edge for the Gryphon this week. I have a 06 stock 4.6l except for a K&N 63 series CAI and soon too add a summit 3" exhaust kit. I off course want an economy tune but cant decide to go with the gasoline or E85 tune. What tunes to you guys have for economy and performance and maybe a little muscle?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
Im trading in my edge for the Gryphon this week. I have a 06 stock 4.6l except for a K&N 63 series CAI and soon too add a summit 3" exhaust kit. I off course want an economy tune but cant decide to go with the gasoline or E85 tune. What tunes to you guys have for economy and performance and maybe a little muscle?
Frankly, you should be asking Bill these questions. He knows our trucks and what to do to the Gryphon to make it do what we want. I will say, however, if you're going to run E85, you DO need a specific tune for that.

- Jack

Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have only the 87 Perf and 93 Perf. They get the same as i was getting with my stock truck. I assume you have an E85 truck.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:05 AM
yea I spoke to him today and I will next week when I order them. Just getting a little research done from y'all so I sound somewhat like I know what I am talking about

Old 04-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Global Moderator &

yea I spoke to him today and I will next week when I order them. Just getting a little research done from y'all so I sound somewhat like I know what I am talking about
But, you do have an E85 truck, right? I only ask because some do not realize there is a difference.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 AM
No I don't have an E85 f150. I asked Bill about that and he said its the tune that will make it able to accept E85

Old 04-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Global Moderator &

No I don't have an E85 f150. I asked Bill about that and he said its the tune that will make it able to accept E85
Either you two are not communicating properly or I am way off. He may assume you have an E85 vehicle. I understood that to run E85, you have to have all different fuel lines, gaskets, O rings, etc. or they can be seriously damaged. That is why you see sme vehicles with a tag saying E85, they have all this. If I am all wrong, someone correct me.

Trending Topics

Old 04-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I am definantly calling them in the morning. Thanks for the heads up bluejay

Old 04-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Global Moderator &

I am definantly calling them in the morning. Thanks for the heads up bluejay
You're welcome. Bill is a pleasure to work with. I really love my two performance tunes I received from him.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi there,

I think you might have misunderstood. Bill might have said something like, "I can create an E85 calibration," but that's only with a vehicle equipped to run E85. They're two entirely different animals. We may be tired after the onslaught of orders at the introductory price this week, but I don't think we're THAT tired.

Give Bill a call later if you want to confirm!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Hi there,

I think you might have misunderstood. Bill might have said something like, "I can create an E85 calibration," but that's only with a vehicle equipped to run E85. They're two entirely different animals. We may be tired after the onslaught of orders at the introductory price this week, but I don't think we're THAT tired.

Give Bill a call later if you want to confirm!

No problem here, thanks for the clarification. I cant wait to get my new tunes.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Either you two are not communicating properly or I am way off. He may assume you have an E85 vehicle. I understood that to run E85, you have to have all different fuel lines, gaskets, O rings, etc. or they can be seriously damaged. That is why you see sme vehicles with a tag saying E85, they have all this. If I am all wrong, someone correct me.
You were NOT wrong, Bluejay.

Since my truck is not designed for E85, I've never even thought about putting the stuff in it. But now I wonder, back when unleaded fuel was introduced, the fuel filler was made smaller so you could not use leaded gas anymore (since the leaded gas nozzles were larger). Does anyone know if the nozzles on E85 delivery systems are maybe slightly larger than unleaded nozzles with a corresponding larger filler pipe? I can see how easy it would be for some uninformed soul to put E85 into a non-E85 vehicle, and ruining it, while thinking he was saving the environment. (Sorry for the hijack, just seemed like a good place to ask the question and if it's been answered before, just ignore me).

- Jack

Old 04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
You were NOT wrong, Bluejay.

Since my truck is not designed for E85, I've never even thought about putting the stuff in it. But now I wonder, back when unleaded fuel was introduced, the fuel filler was made smaller so you could not use leaded gas anymore (since the leaded gas nozzles were larger). Does anyone know if the nozzles on E85 delivery systems are maybe slightly larger than unleaded nozzles with a corresponding larger filler pipe? I can see how easy it would be for some uninformed soul to put E85 into a non-E85 vehicle, and ruining it, while thinking he was saving the environment. (Sorry for the hijack, just seemed like a good place to ask the question and if it's been answered before, just ignore me).

- Jack
Filler neck is the same on both.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by hwm3
Filler neck is the same on both.
Yep, probably because it is ok to run unleaded in an E85 vehicle, but not the reverse.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Yep, probably because it is ok to run unleaded in an E85 vehicle, but not the reverse.
Correct.

Quick Reply: Gryphon Tunes