Buffing out scratches

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffing out scratches

Well I told myself when I got the new truck the dog was NOT riding in the back and scratching up the paint over the bed side rails. Guess what? I have a few scratches. Not serious so it should not be too difficult to get them out.

What do I use? How do I go about doing this? all help appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
How deep are they? Can you catch them with your fingernail? If you're looking for OTC products Megs has what you need. Depending on the severity you can first try ScratchX2.0 with a foam pad and see if that removes them. If not you might need to re-apply the ScratchX2.0 or step it up to something more aggressive like Ultimate Compound.

Be aware, after using any kind of paint cleaner you'll need to protect the paint finish with a wax/sealant.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I have not checked them but I doubt a finger nail would catch in them. You lick your finger and rub across and they almost disappear. Thats why I didn't think it would take much.

I had been thinking about the Scratch X. I am really trying to care for this new truck. I am a user not an abuser or a pamperer. I use my truck for what I need to then if something needs fixed, cleaned or replaced I will get it done.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Right on, from your description it does sound as though they are light scratches. Get yourself some ScratchX2.0 (be sure it's the 2.0 version and not the old formula) and foam applicator pads and have at it.

Quick Reply: Buffing out scratches