Wax questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wax questions

Hey guys alright i am going to detail my dads 01 supercrew that has only 34,000 miles he drives alot dont he? Anyway i have always kept it waxed with my mother syn wax and this truck is in the garage ALL THE time except when it is drove once a week for maybe 30 mins. My question is i bought some collinite 845 and have never used it. should i clay the truck and put just the 845 on it or would it be better to just wash it and add the 845 over the mothers synwax. It doesnt need claying the paint is nice and slick and does not have any thing on the paint, but i know when you clay it strips all the previous wax and such. Let me know your opinions!!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AKAIK, they're both synthetic waxes, so I'd guess they'd give you more of a "shiny" look, rather than a deep look. I don't know if there'd be a benefit to stacking them? I do know the 845 does last a while, so you might wanna go with that as the first wax, let it set overnight, then apply the Synwax, since it may (I've never used it) have more "appearance" qualities than the 845.

IDK, wait for opinions from the more experienced.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I just did my KR with the 845 so i would know how to use it tomorrow on my dads and i am VERY IMPRESSED. Ive never used anything but mothers on my truck and with that 845 the shine is AWESOME. I will never use anything but collinite from now on. Still looking for feedback about my dads truck and claying or not claying Thanks Guys

Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
do the plastic baggie test on the paint to see if it needs to be clayed or not, then slap the 845 on there.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
do the plastic baggie test on the paint to see if it needs to be clayed or not, then slap the 845 on there.
lol what is the plastic baggie test?????

Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Take a small plastic sandwich bag put your hand in it and run your covered fingers over the paint. It will most likely feel like the surface of the moon. All the things you feel are contamination on the paint. Clay will remove those. Then top coat with your choice of products.

Nate

Quick Reply: Wax questions