MasterCraft Ski Boat

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MasterCraft Ski Boat

Here is the spring detail that I did on our 20ft MasterCraft ski boat. I used Megs fiberglass kit that I picked up from Rick at ADS and I used my Maktita rotory with a Purple Foamed Wool pad with the Oxidation remover and a LC Green pad with the polish and then followed up with the wax that came in the kit.

Before

Afters

Last edited by dsq3973; 05-20-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Suspended
Whoa what a difference. We have a black yamaha waverunner that is a pain to keep looking clean. I chamoise it off after every ride and try to regularly clean it, but it just doesnt work. Lol. Im thinking of claying it the next time and using a high grade wax on it. We used a rubbing/polishing compound on it once but it took way to long.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by squirtbottle09
Whoa what a difference. We have a black yamaha waverunner that is a pain to keep looking clean. I chamoise it off after every ride and try to regularly clean it, but it just doesnt work. Lol. Im thinking of claying it the next time and using a high grade wax on it. We used a rubbing/polishing compound on it once but it took way to long.
Thanks, this was about a four day project working on it for about 3 hours a night using my rotory and cleaning the inside. This boat sits on the lift all summer and doesnt come out unless its need to have something fixed or its the end of the season.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Now that's how ya clean up a Mastercraft!!! Sweeet. My 19' Stingray was in horrible condition when I bought it and had heavy oxidation in the gelcoat. Two days of the gritty 3M stuff and my finish is back. Let's hope I can stay on top of it this summer. Salt water is a killer.

*Grew up spending my weekends behind a ProStar190. Miss those days!!!

Quick Reply: MasterCraft Ski Boat