Paint dust on truck...help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint dust on truck...help!

I washed my truck this afternoon and noticed the paint on the hood and passenger-side front fender felt a little rough. I then noticed some very small, faint white specs on the passenger side window and window molding. A few weeks ago, I had done some spray-painting in my garage, quite a distance from where my truck was parked, but apparently some of the paint dust found its way to my truck. My truck is dark shadow gray, and I really can't see any specs on the paint, but I can definitely feel it and would like to get rid of it, if possible. What is the best way to do so? Thanks for any help.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Re: Paint dust on truck...help!

Originally posted by ChezHed
I washed my truck this afternoon and noticed the paint on the hood and passenger-side front fender felt a little rough. I then noticed some very small, faint white specs on the passenger side window and window molding. A few weeks ago, I had done some spray-painting in my garage, quite a distance from where my truck was parked, but apparently some of the paint dust found its way to my truck. My truck is dark shadow gray, and I really can't see any specs on the paint, but I can definitely feel it and would like to get rid of it, if possible. What is the best way to do so? Thanks for any help.
Clay bar should take care of it no problem. For local availability I would consider the Mothers kit. It comes with a chunk of clay and a spray detailer for lube. Just follow the directions and you should be good to go. You should at least clay once a year anyway to get rid of any embedded grime that accumulates. You'll be amazed at the final results after polishing and then waxing.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:12 AM
yup claybar will get rid of it like a charm, do the rest of the truck while your at it too, its good to do before winter, then give her a good waxing

Quick Reply: Paint dust on truck...help!