Outside care suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Outside care suggestions

Hey all,

I am kind of new to the forum. I am still waiting for my 04, but I should get it in 2 weeks or so. It is a 2wd xlt, true blue on 2-tone gray interior. It will have 20 inch Helo Skids on it when I pick it up. I saw a twin (but it had a 5.5 bed, not the 6.5 I ordered) at the dealer before I ordered it, so I know it is going to look sweet. Anyway, now to my posting subject.... With my 98 I always had it garaged. To be honest, I didn't care about my 02 Land Rover when I had to keep it outside while attending Southern Methodist University. I know that sounds really bad, but after having so many problems with it I didn't care any longer. Well, I do care about my 04 (even though I haven't gotten it yet).....just as much, if not more than my 98. I babied that truck so much. Anyway, I wanted some care suggestions for my truck since I have to keep it outside and can not garage it at all (at least for one more year). What do you all do? What methods and products last the longest and keep your trucks looking the best? I would really appreciate the help. I look forward to reading your suggestions. Thank you all!
Also, if anyone has a 2wd xlt supercab w/bench seat I would really like to see your pics. I will post my pics once I get my truck. Thanks again!

Old 04-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Wink Don't park under trees....

Off hand find shade when ever possible.. but not under a tree with the ground so sappy that it shows discoloration on the ground. Keep it waxed with good quality product. Also find the most secure view of the truck overnight in a lighted area. Purchase some window shades to keep the interior shaded when ever possible. Good luck GG

Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
A few other hints. I live in AZ (intense sun, HIGH temps) and can't park inside so I share your concerns about wanting to keep the truck looking new. Get your windows tinted to minimize any sun related fading,cracking, etc. Use one of those spring type unfolding shades in your front window when it's parked. Use a quality synthetic polymer type protectant for your paint. Klasse All-in-One is the one I use but there are a number of good ones out there. It will last for at least six months and even longer especially if you are waxing over it with a quality wax. Don't forget to protect all the rubber and plastic on the exterior of the truck. I use this stuff called Aerospace 303 and it's phenominal. It was developed for the aerospace industry, has a nice shine but not overly glossy, has a very good sunscreen built in and can be used on just about anything plastic or rubber. Good stuff. Trust me.http://www.303products.com/main.php
Keep it washed/vacuumed every week (or two). Minimize the spillage of sodas, beers, etc.. and your rig will look as good in three years as it looks the day you get it.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Thank you WedgewoodScrew and greggeo for your suggestions. I really do appreciate it!

Old 05-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to General Care...

Quick Reply: Outside care suggestions