Anyone ever tried this stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever tried this stuff?

http://www.5starshine.com/

I got the link from the other f-150 site. At a glance, it looks pretty impressive. Just wonderig if anyone has actually used it or know someone who has used it?

Old 04-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never used it but those claims are far too extreme to be believeable. I wouldn't waste your money on it. They're are better products out there that are proven.

Last edited by Intel486; 04-29-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Must be the same company that sells the "Tornado"

Old 04-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Re: Anyone ever tried this stuff?

Originally posted by vtn98
http://www.5starshine.com/

I got the link from the other f-150 site. At a glance, it looks pretty impressive. Just wonderig if anyone has actually used it or know someone who has used it?
You know the saying " If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't true".

I prefer sticking with mainstream products. The ones I've had good success with are Meguiars DACP and Swirl Remover, along with S100 as a wax. I've also been using some Meguiars NXT recently and have had good success with it. There are a lot of good products out there and the best secret to a good shine is prep work.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This stuff came up a while back and the general consensus was that it was another bathtub mixer with a lousy product. There are too many other QUALITY products out there on the market to be sucked into the hype... I mean, let's face it, with a quote like this:

From 5starshine.com's website

"I washed my truck for the first time as you instructed, without soap; just water. The dirt and bugs just fell off! The easiest wash job I ever gave. Thanks again for such a super product! And believe me, I have used them all!"
Dr. Michael Cole
Hartsville, SC
...it has to be good right? HA! What they aren't showing is the swirls out the ying-yang and total lack of protection. Nufinish claims to hold up to 159 car washes too. Right?

Stick with something tried and true (ie: Zaino, Meguiar's, PoorBoys, etc) because the George Foreman Grill was the only true successful infomercial/glamourous product that was worth a flip! Speaking of which, I think I'm going to make a grilled cheese on mine right now.

RP

Quick Reply: Anyone ever tried this stuff?