I Need Advice On Re-finishing My Grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I Need Advice On Re-finishing My Grill

Hi everyone. Got an issue I'd like some input on. I have the factory Honeycomb grill on my truck. I now have a really ugly rock chip in the ?paint/plastic? I know plastic is difficult to paint so anyone who has any ideas on how I can re-finish it without the paint just chipping off or fading badly I'd sure appreciate it!

I like the looks of the Honeycomb grill or I would just get an insert and cover it up. Does anyone make a Honeycomb look insert??

Thanks for your help!!

Old 04-16-2004, 11:42 PM
I'd buy a nice looking billet grille to replace it. At least it won't chip like the plastic grills do. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Look on E-bay. I have seen several grills posted real cheap.

Old 04-19-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
I'd buy a nice looking billet grille to replace it. At least it won't chip like the plastic grills do. Just my 2 cents.

Actually I do have a billet grille that's nice looking.. when it was new . It chips like plastic grilles do, the black powdercoat that is. NEVER buy Precision grilles, you'll pay for it, literally. I'll give you 2 cents to take it away from me .

Old 04-19-2004, 10:09 PM
How about checking with a local salvage yard.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by LINYScrew
How about checking with a local salvage yard.
I would say haha very funny but I'm sure you've probably never been to Juneau, Alaska...we have no local salvage yards here and we can't drive to the nearest town because there are no roads out of here. We have to fly or take a ferry to leave town and both prospects are costly...I could probably get a brand new grille from the Ford dealer for less than ferry or airplane tickets. We do have a Ford dealer in town so thats something!! But thanks for the replies. I've been looking at some of the billet grilles, have come up with a couple that I think are pretty cool and I'm giving it some thought.

Quick Reply: I Need Advice On Re-finishing My Grill