Power Lock Relay Location

Old 10-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Power Lock Relay Location

Help: My 2000 F150 has about twenty relays in it. 7 large and the rest are small. No where in my manuals can I find which one operates the power locks, or rap module. I tested all the relays. They all click. I did not do a voltage check to see how much voltage was getting through. I will try again this weekend. I will pull the door panels off and check the voltage at th eactuators. Any help on the location of the right realay would be appreciated. Thanks again Torkum for your help last week.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
sorry but i looked at my 2003 ford wiring diagram manual and on my 2003 screw 4x4 fx4 they work directly from the central security module no relays

Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by jeremyhass
sorry but i looked at my 2003 ford wiring diagram manual and on my 2003 screw 4x4 fx4 they work directly from the central security module no relays
The 03 setup is different than the 00 and does not apply.

If equipped with RAP, the lock relays are behind the dash, somewhere to the right of the radio and well hidden.

You might start over with a description of your actual fault.

Steve

Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Help!

I am extremely frustrated from trying to fix my remote door locks. I bought two relays. One of each type found in my truck. After switching all the relays, no solution to the problem. I bought a code reader, partly because I always wanted one from autozone. No faults can be detected regarding the door locks using a code reader on a 2000 F 150. At least I was able to determine that my wife's car needed r134 with the code reader. I looked for additional relays besides the ones in the fuse box under the dash and in the engine compartment. No luck. I suspect the rap module is the problem but no way to test. I guess after seven years I will finally have to go to the dealer for help. I am so embarassed. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
You can't buy a scan tool from AZ that is capable of reading the auxiliary subsystems. Those start well north of a grand (or two).

Steve

Last edited by projectSHO89; 10-16-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
if your having a problem with your power door locks where the lock moves a little bit but wont actually lock/ unlock the door (seems like it doesn't have enough power) your problem is not the relay, but the actuator itself. i just went through this with my 2000 f150, solution is to replace the actuator with either oem ford replacement or aftermarket. if you decide to replace i can give you some tips and tricks that i figured out while doing mine.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Help! I took the door facing off and tried to reach the actuators. It looks like on mine you have to remove the three scrrews holding the lock itself in order to get to the actuators. I would have replaced the actuators already except that when you put the car in gear to go, the locks automatically lock. So I was thinking it may be the rap module. Anyway I will attempt to get to the actuators this weekend. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks kdracing

Old 10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I bought a 2003 a couple of months back. When I bought it the power locks did not work. Nothing happens when I push the button. I don't know a thing about power locks. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start?

Old 10-21-2007, 11:16 AM
yes, you do need to remove the three screws on the latch, but threre are also two bolts holding on the outside door handle, if you remove them, and inside door handle (one screw), and door lock popper. you should then be able to remove the entire assmbly out through the outside door handle opening. it is alot easier to work remove actuator when entire unit is removed. once removed, there is a small presure tab on the back of the actuator, press that in with screw driver and slide actuator off of the latch mount.

note: you may need to loosen the window run to access the outside door handle bolts

Last edited by KDracing; 10-21-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
KDracing, you mention some quick tips to help with replacing the actuators. I have a 1999 Screw with 2 actuators acting up. I guess I'm going to need to replace at least 2. What advice can you give me? Thanks much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Lock Relay Location