2015 - 2020 F-150

Order Changed! Changed Mind!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order Changed! Changed Mind!

On May 5, I ordered a Lariat, FX4 Packaged, Supercab, with 20's, in Blue Jeans Metallic. Yesterday, I drove through the dealership and there was a Platinum being rolled off the delivery truck. Well, it took about two seconds to decide that the short bed with the Crew Cab was the way to go. I changed my order this morning, totally loaded Lariat, FX4, SUPERCREW, 5.0, 3.73, with the dual roof! The money was equivalent to the Platinum, but I want the chrome and not the brushed look. So, I guess I should get to know all the friends in the "Order Processing" Room. I may be there for a while! Hope I made the right move!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM
If you don't need the extra bed space, but love the really generous rear seating for friends, family, and indoor storage, the SuperCrew is a really great offering for this size pickup. The short bed will make it that much easier to park in the city

Blue Jeans Metallic here too (SuperCrew, 6.5' bed, 18s - I need more sidewall than I need rims...can't drive through mud on rims)

Old 05-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrel
If you don't need the extra bed space, but love the really generous rear seating for friends, family, and indoor storage, the SuperCrew is a really great offering for this size pickup. The short bed will make it that much easier to park in the city

Blue Jeans Metallic here too (SuperCrew, 6.5' bed, 18s - I need more sidewall than I need rims...can't drive through mud on rims)
Thanks for the input. I am really looking forward to getting the truck. I am hoping it is here by July 4th weekend, but I think I am way off. You have to love the blue! Thanks again, Mark.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Old 05-21-2015, 07:56 AM
When I ordered mine, I changed it four times. When I got home I realized the salesman ordered a SCREW and I wanted a SCAB. I figured my kids and wife could deal with the few short trips we would take in the truck together, since the car was supposed to be our main family transportation. My first change was getting the order right. I ordered the grey and I changed it to silver. I had also originally ordered a spray in liner, but my truck was being held up due to back order of the spray in. After taking the wife's Explorer to Home Depot (less than 5 miles) and listening to her and the kids bitch the entire way about knees in the back, I decided I couldn't deal with the constant complaints for the few trips we would take in the truck, so I called and changed the order back to a SCREW.

It turned out the truck was already in production, so I couldn't change it. Fortunately I ordered a popular model and options, so the dealer was willing to put it in inventory and I selected another out of their stock. I didn't get exactly what I wanted (colors were wrong), but it did have all of the options I wanted, except step bars. I had wanted a spray in liner so I took it back the next day to get the spray in done. The truck I ordered was sitting on the lot when we dropped off the truck for the work. When we went back to pick up the truck the next day, the one I ordered had been purchased.

Last edited by 1depd; 05-21-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Order Changed! Changed Mind!