2015 - 2020 F-150

Ford's 2015 F-150 Embarks on a 38-City Test-Drive Tour - anybody going?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I went for the drive yesterday and while I was super impressed by the truck itself I was not so impressed with the "experience" =(

It was just a test drive around the perimeter of the shopping complex.... no drag race, no course, no braking test, etc. The people that we drove with did not even know the HP numbers of the 3.5 and said it was not released yet 0.o so I had to educate them on all of it when they should have had the answer to every question I asked. They were very very nice though and held some knowledge about the new things with the truck. I also got an aluminum key chain with the new F-150 logo on it.

The truck was gorgeous though! The inside just oozed quality and the redesign looks sharp! The 3.5 had a lot of ***** with what little I stepped on it, the whistle kicked on and I hear it for the first time ever it was a beautiful noise.

Here is a quick shot:

Last edited by Pockets; 10-22-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also went to the same event that Pockets went to in Monroe, NY. I arrived during the first session and got about a 10 minute drive with each engine on the backroads and some highway. The lady was really nice and made sure I got different kinds of driving in and some "hill action."

What I liked:

- 3.5L EcoBoost is amazing. It is more than a V8 and will outrun the current 6.2L

- noise cancellation with sound enhancement gets 2 thumbs up! (Available in Lariat and up)

- 2.7L EcoBoost blows away my 5.4L. More power than most will ever need and I can see why this will become the volume engine.

- ride quality and braking is superb

- 8" productivity screen (Lariat and up) is a great feature, even shows you the navigation instructions in the screen between the tach and spedometer

- They had 4 trucks and 3 trucks available to test drive, two 2.7L's and one 3.5L

- Ford paid for lunch. They gave each driver a $10 gift card to BJ's which I then turned into another gift card to a local eatery.

If you want to sign up for a test drive or see where they are going next, go here:
https://f150drive.com/all-events.aspx

Old 10-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw a new F150 towing a very badged up trailer heading south on I-5 between Seattle and Portland last week. I wondered if that had something to do with this demo.

Needless to say I was just rolling along in my lowly '12 Lariat Supercrew.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is nothing "LOWLY" about a Lariat.
...of any year.
Many an XL, SXT, or even XLT driver wishes he could afford one!

Just saying...

Old 10-27-2014, 06:27 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm amazed... My xlt has every option available. Its like a stripped xlt by today's standards. I'm so low maintenance though that I love it, but the new trucks are impressive for sure. If I was buying a truck instead if a car to be my DD, that Xl might even fit my needs. Its crazy how much stuff you can get now

Old 10-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I'm amazed... My xlt has every option available. Its like a stripped xlt by today's standards. I'm so low maintenance though that I love it, but the new trucks are impressive for sure. If I was buying a truck instead if a car to be my DD, that Xl might even fit my needs. Its crazy how much stuff you can get now
Yep. Same thoughts here about the options available. My XLT has far more features than my '00 Lariat even came close to having. And that was in the pre-King Ranch days when Lariat was the top trim level.

Quick Reply: Ford's 2015 F-150 Embarks on a 38-City Test-Drive Tour - anybody going?