2015 - 2020 F-150

Just ordered my 2015 F150 King Ranch FX4 Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TMW!
I appreciate that, a tough nut to swallow, is shelling that out for a sedan that is virtually not practical. I almost bought a E63 AMG, that would be cool for 6 months then when my friends go on long road trips to the lake....what the hell am I gonna do with a car in that situation.
Man I feel ya .... but the competition is fierce in the car world and they are much more affordable if you take the name away from it. I just priced out a top of the line Kia Optima (yea yea I know its a Kia) and it was like 36 loaded to the gills with things, and a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty ! That's putting some serious quality and trust into your vehicles.

But I need a truck and I in fact need a new truck and would love to get a 2015 but I'll be straight up here I need those LED headlights, I'm so tired of halogen or PNP HID. Why on earth don't all the other trim levels come with standard HID Projectors. It's utter bull**** if you ask me why they are still putting halogens into vehicles.

Going up to the 502 A luxury package on the Lariat bumps the price up to like 56k. I don't need any of the other nonsense that it comes with like the auto wipers, or auto high beam, or blind spot monitoring, mirror spot lights, the plug inside, heated steering wheel, 2nd row heat, POWER tilt wheel, and some more things. I just don't need it, albeit very nice and I would certainly use them I don't need them and would pay less to not have them but they all come with the LED headlights **** me off.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Pockets
I'm looking at half a million dollar houses, how insane is that, all they are is a pile of wood with some siding.
You should come to the midwest. We are building a new home (2300+ square feet plus finished basement, all brick) plus a 44x40 detached garage on 48 acres and we will be in it for half a mil for everything (land, house, garage).

Ouch, that sounds like a lot of money when I type it out...

I'm not saying that to brag, just noting that things are a LOT different depending on where you live. Needless to say, I won't be buying a new truck for a while as we pay down this house...

Old 10-02-2014, 11:40 AM
I need those LED headlights
I find that hilarious...need?

At any rate, just buy the truck you want and add the LED headlights later. I'm sure they will be a direct swap.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TMW!
Pretty much got it all loaded out to the gills, however, I chose the 3.5 Ecoboost and 3.31 gears.

I currently have the 12 Ecoboost FX4 with 3.73 gears and its very quick but I chose the 3.31s for better fuel economy. I am now afraid its gonna be a dog. Should I go back for the 3.55 gears atleast? Its another 500 bucks to do that when ordering as an option.

Driving wise I drive about 70% city and 30 highway.
Sweet! I'll gladly provide you with order status updates until it's delivered. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your order number and dealer code.

Nick

Old 10-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
You should come to the midwest. We are building a new home (2300+ square feet plus finished basement, all brick) plus a 44x40 detached garage on 48 acres and we will be in it for half a mil for everything (land, house, garage).

Ouch, that sounds like a lot of money when I type it out...

I'm not saying that to brag, just noting that things are a LOT different depending on where you live. Needless to say, I won't be buying a new truck for a while as we pay down this house...
That would be awesome sounds like a paridiese! It's half a mil here for .3 - 1 acre and a 4 bedroom slightly updated kitchen with not so updated bathrooms. Guess that's what you get for living 20 miles north of NYC .... and I freaking hate the city with a passion

Originally Posted by fordmantpw
I find that hilarious...need?

At any rate, just buy the truck you want and add the LED headlights later. I'm sure they will be a direct swap.
yes it is a need haha

Old 10-02-2014, 02:53 PM
That would be awesome sounds like a paridiese! It's half a mil here for .3 - 1 acre and a 4 bedroom slightly updated kitchen with not so updated bathrooms. Guess that's what you get for living 20 miles north of NYC .... and I freaking hate the city with a passion
I hate the city too!

yes it is a need haha
Well then, that settles that!

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 2015 F150 King Ranch FX4 Ecoboost