2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock rear facing mirror turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock rear facing mirror turn signals?

Hey guys, I have a 2011 scab 5.0 fx2 that didn't come with rear turn signals on the mirrors for some reason. They don't have heating or turn signals, just a black plastic cap instead.
I'm assuming the harness to control the mirror won't have any turn signal wires I can splice into?
I was looking to install both rear facing and the front facing mod at the same time when I have the mirror apart. Thanks for the help!

Old 06-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Knowing Ford, the wiring should all be there. It's much easier to produce one wiring harness that covers everything versus multiple different wiring harnesses.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:29 PM
According to alldata, there's a 16 pin connector somewhere on the door for the power mirrors. Look for a yellow wire with a purple stripe (passenger side) or a blue wire with a green stripe (driver's side). If those wires are in the connector (harness side, of course), then you're at least wired for turn signals in the mirrors.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by WHM-6R
According to alldata, there's a 16 pin connector somewhere on the door for the power mirrors. Look for a yellow wire with a purple stripe (passenger side) or a blue wire with a green stripe (driver's side). If those wires are in the connector (harness side, of course), then you're at least wired for turn signals in the mirrors.
On the door? Interesting, I guess I'll be taking apart a door panel today!

Quick Reply: Stock rear facing mirror turn signals?