Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My new (to me) truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 11:57 PM
BSL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new (to me) truck

Well the wife's van had some costly maintenance coming up so we decided to sell it and after a month of driving my lifted '02 on 35s we needed to get something more friendly to a 5'1" mom carting a 3 yr old and 3 month old. So here is the new "grocery getter"

2012 Platinum F150 Supercrew 4x4 ecoboost with 3.73 gears and 6.5' box. Sorry for the pics, but it's no pavement princess was hauling feed for the horse, cattle and chickens the day it was bought, pulls the horse trailer like a dream and forgot I was pulling my boat when I hitched up the other day.

Plans for it are either getting the wheels recleared or looking for a stock set of 20s (looks like either salt or wrong cleaning product killed the clear on these AR wheels)
Already got rid of that stupid hardtop, if anyone in WI is looking for one hit me up. Will replace with a soft rollup tonneau.
Tires will make it for a while, but will be upgrading to something bigger (no lift on this one unfortunately ) likely duratracs since I really like them on my '02
Need to pick up some touch up paint from the dealer where the hard cover rubbed paint off above the LR tail light.
Need to upload the software upgrade to my Xcal and check out how their canned program works on the Eco, may be lurking in the programmer forum to figure out which shop has done the best tow and economy tunes for it.

Guess I'll have to spend more time lurking in the 09-14 segment now

Last edited by BSL; 06-09-2015 at 07:49 PM. Reason: fixing picture links

Quick Reply: My new (to me) truck