2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 F150 Lariat Seat Heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 Lariat Seat Heater

Thanks to this forum I was able to resolve my seat heater issue. Mine was the drivers side but I'm sure the issues are the same for the passenger side. Thought I would join so I can post some tips for others. 1st, if your seat gets too hot, turn it off. It is actually burning inside (see pics). If you don't turn it off, it will eventually burn through the wire and then when you try to turn it on, the lights will come on for about a second and then turn back off. 2nd, there is a video on YouTube that shows how to remove the seat covers in a King Ranch. It pretty much applies to the Lariat also. 3rd, the P/N you will find on Fordparts.com is Generic. They will give you part # 14D696*B. The model specific P/N has 4 digits in front of the general P/N and they aren't shown in the online parts diagram. The generic P/N shows on fordparts.com at $53.53. When I called the dealer, they said the part had been subed to 14D696*C and it is $17.72. For the 2010 Lariat the full P/N is 9L3Z*14D696*C. Took me about an hour and a half to replace. The old heater is glued to the seat and when I tried to remove it, it started to tear the foam. I just cut the wires and the the burned part from the old heater and then stuck the new heater over it. Works fine. Hope this might help someone down the road.

Burned deep into the foam and almost completely through the leather seat cover.

This burn is about a half inch deep.

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Lariat Seat Heater