2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wheel "Poke" Question - Need some advice before I pull the trigger!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheel "Poke" Question - Need some advice before I pull the trigger!

Hi Everyone,

I've got a question that I've been searching for an answer to for quite some time now, but haven't figured it out yet so I figured I'd toss it out to the always helpful crowd out there

I'm looking to purchase some 20x9 KMC Addicts +18mm offset. I'm not a fan of wheels that stick out past the fenders, so I'm a little wary since this is a wider rim than my stock 20" chrome XLT/XTR rims.

I will likely be going with a 275/65/20 Duratrac tire (stock width, 34" tall) to try to keep the tires tucked in and as close to stock as possible in terms of how much they poke out past the fenders. I've looked at as many pictures of +18 Addicts as I can find, but most have a much wider tire (eg. 305/55/20, 295/60/20) so it's difficult to tell exactly how much the wheel will stick out with a stock width tire.

So, will these rims stick out substantially more than stock? If yes, how much can I expect them to stick out? Will they be tossing debris all down the side of my truck?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, you guys are all awesome, thanks in advance!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, I'll be going with a 2" level kit as well.

(likely the 1.5" AutoSpring, but that's still up in the air as I haven't done much research on brands yet)

Quick Reply: Wheel "Poke" Question - Need some advice before I pull the trigger!