2004 - 2008 F-150

What mount for roof light bar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What mount for roof light bar?

Hey guys! I'm back and need y'alls help again. Girlfriend just bought me a 52" light bar for my truck! Wanting to put it above my windshield obviously. Was just wondering, what mounts do y'all recommend? I don't want to drill holes in my roof, so I'd like to have ones that mount in the door seal. Also, I don't wanna spend $150-200 on just the mounts. Pics would be greatly appreciated! What have yall heard about cutting down the whistle or wind noise problem with these light bars?

Old 08-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Bump. Cmon people... could really use some opinions

Old 08-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Either way you're drilling holes, either in the roof or in the channel along the windshield. Most will use both mounting points to prevent it from flexing and cracking the welds.

I've heard good things about the Rough Country Light Bar Mounts though and they aren't too expensive (around $60-70).

Old 08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Either way you're drilling holes, either in the roof or in the channel along the windshield. Most will use both mounting points to prevent it from flexing and cracking the welds.

I've heard good things about the Rough Country Light Bar Mounts though and they aren't too expensive (around $60-70).
True, but the chances of getting a water leak on the roof versus inside the door channel is pretty significant, and at least provides a viable option when it comes time to remove/replace the light or sell the truck.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:44 AM
great advice guys! I'm going to do the door seal just because its easier to hide when I take it off and it doesn't seem to stick up as high when its in the door jam verses on the roof. Any advice on how to cut down on the wind noise or whistle these are supposed to make?

Quick Reply: What mount for roof light bar?