2004 - 2008 F-150

Opinions on my fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on my fix

I have a 2004 fx4 4wd 5.4L

Manifold on the passenger side needs to be replaced. Was thinking of having the shop do headers while they are at it. Don't have a lot of money to throw at it but here are my options.

Just replace stock manifold on passenger side for $700

JBA shorty headers $416 + $800 to install on both sides

Pacesetter LT headers $250 + $800 to install on both sides

Not sure if the performance gains from these would be worth the extra money or more of a headache. Currently I have a SI/DO muffler, gryphon programmer, and gotts mod. Thinking of seeing if they will remove the back 2 cats as well.

Any input or advice would be appreciate. I've searched quite a bit and just curious of people's input. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it was my truck personally, I would just replace the manifold (I don't do performance mods on my truck, just appearance). I don't think doing the shorty headers will net any real performance gains. Trucks are slow anyways, if you want affordable speed, get a pony car and mod that (my opinion, I had a heavily modified Camaro Z28 with nitrous in the past). Long tubes will give you something, shorty's I hear are not worth it.

However, since you already have a muffler and some little mods(looks like you are into doing performance mods to the truck), I would say the long tubes are your best bet, especially if you plan to do any more mods in the future(I would get a Cold Air intake to get the most out of the long tubes). It's only $300 more over the manifold fix.

My vote: Go long tubes, get a CAI later, and a tune for those changes.

Brian

Last edited by Hawkz28; 08-06-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I actually just ended up picking up some JBA shorty headers from a member on here. Figured if I pick up a little torque it will be worth it over the stock manifold. Not really looking for speed, more so the torque. They are going to make my rear two cats disappear as well. And yes a custom tune for all that. So hopefully next week it will be done and I'll let ya know what I notice since there always seems to be a 50/50 debate on performance out of the shorty headers

Quick Reply: Opinions on my fix