2004 - 2008 F-150

Fuel Filter Shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Filter Shenanigans

Well was doing some pre trip maintenance changing oil and such. Decided to do fuel filter while i was at it. Got the filter-8018 according to book. 1st. Cast iron PITA to get front disconnect loose. (Yes used right tool.) Blue clip crumbled when removing rear. Got old filter off gas was clear and clean. Went to put new filter on and low and behold...wrong filter. By then dark was setting in. Put old filter back on until i get back to store to get right filter and now new clip. Lesson learned. 2007 KR 5.4 FFV. 95 degrees during these shenanigans.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I had a more annoying issue. The quick disconnect decided to break one day when I was changing out my fuel filter. I chopped it off and used fuel injection hose and stainless hose clamps.

I like the fact that I can use a screw driver to change my fuel filter without the need to get my quick disconnect set out and mess with the clip.

Never had a problem.

Been thinking of changing it out and using a clear fuel bowl and mounting it to the frame with a cartridge filter.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I had that happen on my 1998. Similar fix. Thought about it for this one but just hate to hack my fuel line.

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter Shenanigans