Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 10-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Suspended
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Fuel pump relay location

Where the hell is it on a 2005. The manual doesn't refer to it at all. I need to drain my gas tank of bad gas and need the pump to stay on. Turning on the ignition just doesn't do it. I need to short the relay and I don't know where it is. I've called dealerships and done searches since 2 this afternoon and I'M GOING *******ING CRAZY!
Old 10-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
under the passenger dash by the floorboard.
Little push button
Old 10-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberart4
I need to short the relay
Are you crazy. Do you mean to say You need to jump the relay. Or you'll have some fireworks.
If you still can't find it. I have a shop manual at home let me know and I'll look it up. But first check where TeckBargins says it is. I don't know with out looking it up.
2001 Wellcraft 2400 Martinique Merc 5.7L BIII
Old 10-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
I wouldn't recommend doing that, the pump wasn't designed for that purpose. Your almost guaranteed to overheat the pump or the relay, maybe both. Get yourself a siphon and pull the fuel out manually, not only is this safer but you'll have more control over whats going on. This can be important if you underestimate the size of the container for the amount of fuel you think is in the tank.

My 2 cents based on experience.

My truck was built with wrenches, not chopsticks.

Why is there never enough time to do something right but always enough time to do it over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPick
... have you done anything that would be a reason for getting banned?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Garage is empty, add now

jumping the relay will not turn the fuel pump on. it will only give the fuel pump driver module power. And using a syphone through the filler neck will not work, you'll never get the hose into the tank. The only two options you have, using a scan tool to turn the fuel pump pid on through the pcm and disconnecting the fuel line before the fuel filter and draining it into a tank. Or dropping the fuel tank, removing the fuel pump and then syphoning it all out. hope this helps.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 AM