2004 - 2008 F-150

Wiring questions for backup camera on 2004 SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring questions for backup camera on 2004 SCrew

Just received my FrameCam and LCD video screen in the mail yesterday, and now it is time to do the install.

The instructions indicate that I should locate two different wires near the back bumper of the truck. They are
1) Backup Lights - this one should be easy, I know
2) 12VDC+ACC (ignition) wire

Any information on color coding and location would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, found the camera and monitor from an Ebay retailer for $399. That's way less than I've seen this unit advertised anywhere else.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Smile

Here ya go wire diagram for the 2004 F150. Let us know about your back up camera when you finish your installation, i might be interested too if it works well. Good luck in your installation.

Will

Old 02-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the diagram. It can only help.

The framecam is pretty neat. It is a swivel camera housing mounted onto a really solid aluminum license plate frame. Mine is black, but they also offer a chrome version for the same price.

The LCD screen has a windshield mount, just like the mounts for rear view mirrors. The reason why I needed two positive sources is that the monitor has a switch that allows it to either be on whenever the vehicle is on or to turn on only when the vehicle is put in reverse.

The system seems pretty slick. There are no holes to drill in the vehicle, and you can remove the system to place in another vehicle in the future!

Old 02-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Who's the ebay seller? I wouldn't mind looking at a picture to see what it looks like.

NO2

Old 02-10-2005, 09:14 PM
dormont, I hope you're taking pictures during and after the install. We will want to see them in detail!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 06:34 AM
The ebay seller can be reached at ebay@pixeltamer.com. I don't think he currently has any framecams listed, but he indicated in an email to me that he has 'several' in stock.

You can check out the product at www.hitchcam.com.

I'll have to borrow a digital camera, but I am going to try to take pictures to document the install.

Quick Reply: Wiring questions for backup camera on 2004 SCrew