1997 - 2003 F-150

Electrical issues after heater-core replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical issues after heater-core replacement

I have a 2002 Ford F150 supercrew and my heater-core went out on me. Took and dropped it off at a local shop since I was being sent to military training for a couple of months, knew that replacing the heater core was a big job and I lack the knowledge for this repair. Got the truck back and only have had electrical issues. The cab blower kicks off/on, 4x4 light turns off/on along with a clicking sound by floor emergency brake, radio and power windows lose power and when trying to place it in 4-wheel drive, it won't engage. Please help!

Last edited by warren88; 04-18-2015 at 03:21 AM. Reason: not finished writing post
Old 04-18-2015, 11:04 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Check the GEM module and wiring connector for evidence of water and corrosion. If you have ever had a windshield leak, this is where the water drips on.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 PM
I have fortunately have not had any windshield leakage. Everything went down hill after mechanic shop replaced heater core.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 AM
I would take it back to them and see if they pinch a wire when putting the dash back together. pinched wire shorting out?? OR take somewhere else, have them fix it, an sue the guy who put in the heater core in for the cost of the repairs. You should first let him try to fix it, that is the right thing to do.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:38 AM
I called the auto shop and told them all of the issues since getting the truck back from the heater core replacement and that I have never had any issues with the truck until I brought it to them, explained to them that all of this has occured since the heater core replace. And want it fixed for free, since their warranty covers labor. There answer bring it in and we can inspect the truck and do a diagnostics check on it to see what the issue is but there's gonna be a bill. Going to the shop today to find out if there going to stand behind their warranty and if not, taking the truck else-ware then to court

Quick Reply: Electrical issues after heater-core replacement