1997 - 2003 F-150

Factory Radio, can you add a AUX Jack?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Radio, can you add a AUX Jack?

I have an 02 F150 SuperCrew and want to add an auxiliary input jack to the factory radio that does not have the aux button for the 6 disc CD changer. I do not want a FM modulator as they suck and are worthless around my area but have seen some aftermarket devices from PIE or PIA, what ever the name is, that might work. Anybody have an idea on what to use?

I also found a factory radio on E-bay that is from an Explorer or Ranger pickup that may work and it is from the same year but not sure it will fit without mods. What do you guys that know audio think?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:26 AM
From what I have seen in the past, if the face dimensions are the same you should be ok. The factory unit is smaller on the backside. Most all Fords use the side clips to hold into place. And I do not think there are many variations of the face size for our years... just the options

Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I have a factory CD player/cassette player combo radio out of an E-150 van in my truck and it fit just fine. It had a crappy Insignia cd player in it when I bought the truck and I didn't want someone breaking in and causing $500 worth of damage to steal a CD player that I have now sold on eBay for $8.50.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Keith460
I have an 02 F150 SuperCrew and want to add an auxiliary input jack to the factory radio that does not have the aux button for the 6 disc CD changer. I do not want a FM modulator as they suck and are worthless around my area but have seen some aftermarket devices from PIE or PIA, what ever the name is, that might work. Anybody have an idea on what to use?

I also found a factory radio on E-bay that is from an Explorer or Ranger pickup that may work and it is from the same year but not sure it will fit without mods. What do you guys that know audio think?
Do you mean FM Transmitter? FM Modulators actually work quite well.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
Do you mean FM Transmitter? FM Modulators actually work quite well.
FM Modulators. They work but to much interference around where I live.

Quick Reply: Factory Radio, can you add a AUX Jack?