ok, so I am doing the brake work myself...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ok, so I am doing the brake work myself...

Based on your responses to my last thread (which I appreciate very much), I will do the brake work myself. I am thinking of going with Raybestos Ceramic pads (opinions please). I am fairly certain my front rotors are warped pretty badly so I will replace them. Does it matter which type I buy? I would like to buy rotors that hold up better than the ones I have, however, I don't want to spend anymore than is necessary. Thanks in advance.

Jamey.

Old 08-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Raybestos are good pads, also Autozone has some carbon metalic's I've used that are pretty good. I just did my front brakes yesterday, used the $19 Albany's from Autozone, rotors were fine so I just swapped pads, cleaned and greases the slide pins.
Can your rotors be turned? I would check on that 1st. If they're beyond help, then drilled rotors would be a good way to go, they will stay cooler. I would just use a stock type myself, but there's nothing wrong with upgrading your brakes a bit.

Old 08-20-2002, 09:35 AM
Well, I have been putting it off for quite a while but it is finally done. I went with the Raybestos ceramics. I did replace my rotors and wow what a difference. I felt like the old ones were warped pretty badly because of the heavy vibration I was feeling when braking. It is like I have a new truck. I guess we will see over time if the ceramics are better. I really want to be rid of all the brake dust.

Next up is the rear. That will have to wait until the weekend. I am going to just turn the rear rotors as opposed to replacing them now that I have eliminated all my braking vibration.

Thanks for all your replies to my posts.

Quick Reply: ok, so I am doing the brake work myself...