Great Deal's at Sam's wholesale(he he)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Deal's at Sam's wholesale(he he)

I already let this out of the bag, but I thought I would start a new thread.

Directions on How to get a Steal of a Deal from Sam's Wholesale

1. Call them up for a tire quote and hope a clueless employee answers your call. They will probably quote you a wrong, but lower price. They quoted me Mich LTX MS 265/70 R16 at $133/tire.

2. Go into the store to special order and tell them what you were quoted. The clueless tire mech wrote down the $133 price, but charged me normal price at $138/tire.

3. When they come in, go in and tell them you want the price quoted, not the price charged. Apparently, they misquote quite often. The clueless tire mech bragged about another customer who got some $130 tires for $45 because the price sheet was wrong.

4. Get them to install the tire at $9/tire. After 59 minutes of waiting, your tire install is FREE. Basically, after 2.5 hours, I saved $56 total on my good tires due to Sam's customer friendly policies. By the way, I also have lifetime balance, rotation, and flat repair(just in case I get a flat at Sams)

I forgot to mention that my membership expired 2 weeks ago and they never even asked why I did not renew.

I hope this helps others save money at Sam's

Old 08-13-2002, 11:50 AM
I too swear by buying tires at sams club!

When I got my BFG Long Trails sears wanted (On sale) over $600.00!! Because they charge so much for mounting and road hazard which by the way is pro-rated to your tire wear!!(Read the fine print) Sams on the other hand is as stated above customer friendly and you can get rotation, balance, repair at ANY Sams accross the country free! Oh I paid just over $400.00 for my Long trails.

I hear that Costco and BJ's have similar set ups there just isn't as many of them around as Sams.

Old 08-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Talking

Be careful, some of us on here happen to be those clueless tire tech's.Be careful some of us on here happen to be those clueless tire tech's.

Old 08-20-2002, 10:50 PM
???

Mr. Sensitive Tire Tech

Does that mean that you are confirming my experience?

My Sam's always seemed short staffed. The tire tech was also the salesperson. Bad combination in some ways!!!

For redemption, I have one question.

Is it normal for the tire to have 2 large counterweights? I would assume that if it needed 2 counterweights to balance the tire, the tire itself was poorly made?

Thanks

Old 08-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Tire Weights

If you have Big weights on your tires get them to take the tire and spin it on the wheel.. about 180 degrees, that should fix the problem.. I had the same thing happen with a few of my tires on the GT and the Expo. that should do the trick and if not get them to replace the tire at no cost to you. It would be a defect in the tire if not able to be corrected by rotating.

Old 08-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Sometimes yes sometimes no. I have spun the tire 180 and it then ask for more weight (happens a lot on wrangler tires). Most likely when the put that first weight on they did not align it correctly, so on the 2nd spin it was trying to correct the misplaced weight. There are some tires (bigger ones with big lugs), that are a pain in the *** to balance. I have only seen this in the lesser quality tires. A BFG or a Michelin should always balance out well. When you take it back in for your rotation (I assume u got the install pkg), have them try the 180 rotation.

Goes back to you get what you pay for.

Old 08-24-2002, 12:30 AM
Yes but be careful of that rotation thing at Sam's....I asked them for this rotation (with diagram) LF to RR, RF to LR, RR to RF, and LR to LF....Tire guy said he never heard of this rotation!!!! So my truck ended up getting this rotation: LF to RF, RF to LF, RR to LR, and LR to RR, not even close to what I wanted...ended up putting the tires in the correct position at home. Also when I had a flat a few weeks ago...Sam's could not replace the tire, had nothing close in stock!!! Prices are good, can't say the same for service or support.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:39 AM
I can not speak for everyone who works there, but I always try to accommodate what the customer wants. I have had some very elaborate request.

The information we get from the tire manufactures is that either (front to back and back to front ) or (RF to LR , LF to RR and RR to RF, LR t LF) is ok.

But the main thing is to get the front tires on the back and the back tires on the front about every 6,000 to 8,000 miles.

As for the tire, we do change stock a few times a year as our sales request change and we do change manufactures from time to time. I have almost always been able to special order any replacement tire that I needed.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When upgrading to larger tires, I bought a used matching wheel, to upgrade the spare to match too. I purchased 5 new tires. do the 5 tire rotation as indicated in the Ford manual, every 5k miles... Spare to LR, LR to LF, LF to RR, RR to RF, RF to spare. This way, the spare diameter always matches diameter with the tires on the truck.

Quick Reply: Great Deal's at Sam's wholesale(he he)