Toyo Open Country A/t Review

Old 06-26-2002, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyo Open Country A/t Review

Well took the step a couple of weeks ago and finally upgrade my tiny P235/70/16's for LT 265/75/16's. After searching high and low for what tire best fitted my need I finally narrowed it down to the Toyo Open Country A/T at $122. per tire. Price wasn't an option, I was willing to pay more but the folks at Town Fair Tire (one of New England's Largest Tire Store) said hands down this tire is far superior then any other tire they carry to include (cover your ears now) the B.F.G All-Terrain KO which was significantly more and what I originally went in looking to purchase (had them on a previous vehicle).

Anyways the Open Country rides quiet, seems to do extremely well in moderate sand and off-road. Only time will tell how they handle in the snow or longevity. I now consumers reports (who is not the final word by any means) gave the Open Country M410 (the A/T's highway sister) it's best rating for a truck/SUV tire saying it set the new standard for tire excellence.

Anyways thought I'd pass on the info. Thanks to those of you who additionally recommended the Toyo.

Happy Trails!
Tom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyo Open Country A/t Review