Paint for White Lettering on Tires

Old 06-15-2002, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint for White Lettering on Tires

Hi,

I have some General Grabber AW tires on my '02 F-150 with raised white lettering on the sidewalls. I MUCH prefer plain black sidewalls withOUT any white showing. Short of having my tires remounted so the lettering is on the inside of the rims, is there any safe aftermarket tire "paint" I can use to blacken out the white lettering on my tires that is "permanent" for the life of the tires???

Thanks.

Juan

Old 06-24-2002, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Never saw Black paint

Just checked a supplier from the BMW MOA, and he does not carry black paint.

White
Red
Blue
Yellow.

No black.

Also this needs to be redone about once per season, as it does flake off after awhile, and start to look bad.

Easy soultion....have a decent tire place strip the wheel weights and flip them, and re computer spin ballance them.

On my rims from Ford, one of the wheels had 2 wheel weights about 4" apart on the outside.
Guess these were done either monday am, or friday afternoon, the guy just did not give a damn...

A decent tire place will tell you there should only be one weight on the outside and on the inside, ok to stack them next to each in a continous line, if needed.
If not the guy that did them was a goober, and had no clue how to use the tire machine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint for White Lettering on Tires