2011 parking brake lever boot replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 parking brake lever boot replacement

My parking brake has been sticking. The driver side lever assembly was binding, The boot is torn. I got the replacement kit from Ford. It is the only way to get the boot. It contains the two pieces of the lever, the boot, and two rivets. I pulled everything apart and it appears that the boot is sandwiched between the backer plate and the brake mount. I don't see what the rivets are for. I got the old levers functioning again, but I wanted to get more information about changing the boot. Has anyone done this replacement? It appears I can remove the 4 bolts holding the backer plate and brake mount together, but I'm not sure if there will be enough room after sliding the backer plate out to make the change. I sure hope the axle doesn't need to be pulled to change the boot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 07-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I had my entire ebrake assembly replaced under my ESP, because of this same issue.

According to the SM, if I would've had to pay for it to be repaired, it would've cost me ~$1,500. Mostly labor. It took them 2 days to fix my truck too. They said the hardest part was cleaning all the rust.

Quick Reply: 2011 parking brake lever boot replacement