What's the Condition of Your Spare Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the Condition of Your Spare Tire?

Does your vehicle have a Spare Tire?

In the event that your vehicle does have a spare assembly, whether it be full size or a compact, do you know the condition?

Like other tires, a spare tire can be impacted from exposure to UV, from heat, and other conditions. To avoid having spare tire troubles, check out our write-up linked below and if you're in need of a replacement spare or an entire spare assembly, shoot us a PM and we'll make sure you're taken care of!

Old 04-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Mine is in great condition. I replace my spare when I get new tires.

I'd rather have a good working spare, then be stuck relying on AAA or some other weirdo towing outfit.

I also keep torque wrenches, sockets, extensions, mini-sledge, crowbar, pancake air compressor, foot compressor/tire inflator and 3 jacks with 2 jack stands for safety. I also have 3 fire extinguishers, a box of road flares (including a few marine flares), 5 collapsible warning triangles, 2 Guardian Angle lights, 5 medium road cones/traffic diverters. Along with grade 100 3/4" chains, hooks, clevises, load binders, etc.

Last edited by ManualF150; 04-30-2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added more...
Old 04-30-2019, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear you're on top of it, ManualF150!

I recently did the same for a loved one and the spare was right at 10 years of age and very weathered. She was due for a new set of tires anyway so we went ahead and replaced the spare with the new set.

Quick Reply: What's the Condition of Your Spare Tire?