Front hubs and brakes 2001 7700 RWD 7 lug >

Front hubs and brakes 2001 7700 RWD 7 lug

Wheels, Tires & Brakes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 12-05-2018, 09:14 PM

Ok so just to preface, this is my first post on this forum. I also have experience with other Ford breaks, hubs, and bearings. However, this is my dad's truck and I didn't realize it was an anomaly and he bought it used without any kind of manual.

So the context is it won't pass inspection due to front breaks and driver side front bearing. Everything seemed fine when I took it to the shop but sure enough I immediately noticed the noises on the way home. A month later a few hundred miles later and it's getting to the point where it really is a safety issue (constant whirling noise and really bad grinding coming to a stop). The shop quoted something like $700 for 1 bearing (he mentioned it was an assembly), both rotors, 2 sets of pads. I did this very same job on my 2004 F-250 4x4 last year and kept it around the $200-250 range so I figured I would save my dad a chunk of change and do it on his truck.

The issue is I can't figure out which parts I actually need on this thing. Specifically, is this 7 lug hub (on the rear wheel drive model) a sealed hub assembly like on my F250? I can't seem to find a bearing/hub assembly to fit the front end of a rear wheel drive model (plenty of options for the 4x4 though). I see that you can buy the bearings separately but that doesn't mean much since I saw the same for my other truck. I have also seen rotor hub assemblies that fit the front end of this truck. Is that what I'm looking for? Do those have the bearings already pressed in or do I need to do that on this setup?

So to clarify, I want to do the bearings, rotors, and pads on the front end of a 2001 F150 7700 RWD with 7 lug wheels. What parts do I actually need to accomplish this? Can anyone point me to a guide for this specific truck?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2 or 4 wheel ABS?

Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 PM
glc
Rotor and hub is an assembly. Bearings are separate. Races should already be pressed into the hubs.

Look here for rotor/hub assemblies, you need to know if it has 4 wheel ABS or rear wheel only ABS, and the build date, that's on the door jamb sticker.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...hub,rotor,1896

Pads are here:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...brake+pad,1684

Bearings are here:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...l+bearing,1672

Old 12-06-2018, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I believe this truck is 4 wheel abs but I will check on that today.

The manufactured date on the door says 05/01 in Canada.

​If it helps (and if it's allowed) here's the VIN: 2FTPX17Z81CA80257​​​​​​

And here's a picture of the sticker:

The only other thing to note is this truck did have dual fuel LPG as indicated on the second sticker. That system was disconnected before my dad purchased it. I doubt that helps with the wheel info but figured I'd share.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:59 AM
I don't see that my response was posted or maybe it got removed for posting the VIN.

Anyways, thanks for your help glc. According to the VIN decoder on this site, it has 4 wheel ABS but I will double check the vehicle itself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front hubs and brakes 2001 7700 RWD 7 lug

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: