Lug thread pattern or pitch?????

Old 09-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lug thread pattern or pitch?????

I’ve got a 06 f150 and I just got a set of used motometal wheels for it. I’ve got my stock lugs for the 18” wheels but they won’t fit inside the motometal wheels they are too big. These motometal wheels came off a 2x4 15 Ford 150 and have a set of lugs that fit that inside the wheel but the thread is different than my 06. What is the lug pitch or thread size for the 06 and 15 f150’s anybody know? Cone seat buldge open end lugs are what I’m looking for.

Or or did I waste my $$ lol

Old 09-23-2018, 06:44 PM
glc
Received 755 Likes on 701 Posts
You should be able to find what you need here:

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/

You need M14 x 2.0. Look through the reference guides for pictures and dimensions.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:04 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Your 2006 has 6x135 bolt pattern, M14X2.0 thread lugs, and 87.1 center bore.

A 2015 has 6x135 bolt pattern, M14X1.5 thread lugs, and 87.1 center bore.

Contact MotoMetal and ask them what type of lug nuts are needed for their wheel. Most aftermarket wheels use a 60 degree conical seat. But yo will not know without contacting the manufacturer and asking them which lug nut type their wheel is designed to use. And while you have them on the phone, ask what size hub centric ring to use for your truck. With any luck, they can send the lug nuts & spacer to you, so that you won't have to spend more time & energy sourcing parts.

These are the lug nuts I have on my truck.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
After contacting Motometal, replace those factory ones with Gorillanuts.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
You may consider the security style lug nuts with a lock or special pattern. If you lose the key, it will cost you a lot of money to buy a replacement key. Or if you are really screwed, you get a flat and the key is lost, or don't have the security key with you. Then you are at the mercy of whichever tire shop, tow truck driver, or whomever offers to "sell" you the solution. Same way some shops will charge $50 to read a check engine light because you don't have a $20 code reader. Some tow trucks and shops will charge you a "removal fee", then sell you new nuts at an exorbitant mark-up......everything cost more when you need their help more than they need your business. Same way it only cost about $20 to patch a tire in a shop if you bring it in, but a tire service truck fixing a flat on the side of the road wants $200.

I recently took off the 7 spline security lug nuts on my truck and replaced them with simple 3/4" lug nuts. Reason 1 was that they looked like garbage. Years of exposure to the elements has resulted in surface corrosion. I also had a slow leak in one of my old tires.....and I couldn't find the key! I found it eventually in my house, after hours of searching and asking myself where would I have hid it. It was enough frustration that I decided a simple 3/4" hex lug nut would be better because I would only need a 3/4" socket.

After 10 years, the corrosion on the lug nuts looked horrible. But the insides were fine. The threads had no issue. It wasn't a safety consideration if that the lug nuts were not going to fall off. Unfortunately, I have no idea which brand those were. The tire shop had them in stock, they worked at the time, and it was their least expensive lug nut in the correct size & fitment. Again I went with what was cheap. I bought a pack of 32, so that i can have spares. Don't know if I will ever need the extra 8 lug nuts. You only need 24.

Click image to open expanded view

AccuWheel LNA-14200C8T Chrome Bulge Acorn Wheel Lug Nuts (14mm x 2.0 Thread Size) 1.95" Tall - Pack of 32 Lugnuts

by AccuWheel
4.3 out of 5 stars 7 customer reviews

4 answered questions
Price:$26.99 Free Shipping for Prime MembersHere is the Gorilla which may fit your wheel. But don't buy them until you have verified with the wheel manufacturer.

Roll over image to zoom in

Gorilla Automotive 76604NBC Black 14mm x 2.00 Thread Size Chrome Finish Duplex Acorn Wheel Lock with 6-Lug Nut, (Pack of 24)

by Gorilla Automotive
3.2 out of 5 stars 12 customer reviews

4 answered questions
Was:$89.64 Price:$78.87 FREE One-Day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lug thread pattern or pitch?????