Wheel offset vs crooked bed / axle issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel offset vs crooked bed / axle issue

Ok, so long story short. I ordered 4 KMC Slides in black with a +15 offset awhile back. After installing them I thought one was wrong because the drivers side rear did not stick out as far as the other 3. I Did not know about the uneven rear axle/bed issue that plagues these trucks. However, I liked that one that did not stick out much so I ordered 3 more wheels but in the +38 offset because I thought the one wheel that did not stick out was a +38 even though I ordered +15. I should have checked but I didn’t.

I took the truck to discount and found that all 4 wheels I originally ordered where indeed +15. I had them go ahead and mount the 3 +38’s on the front and passenger rear and leave the left rear (a +15) alone. So now it looks correct even though one of the wheels has a different offset. Obviously it looks better but will be a slight pain when rotating as I will have to have the drivers side dismounted and remounted so as not to move the wheels.

Here are my wheels currently. The drivers side is a +15 offset and the passengers is +38. So a difference of +23 ( or .9 inches) which happens to offset the bed/axle being off center. So, what would you do? Leave them like this or get the correct offset wheel and make rotating them easier? Any chance of this causing any damage over the long term?

Drivers Side +15 Offset
Wheel offset vs crooked bed / axle issue-3hl0egq.jpg

Passengers Side +38 Offset
Wheel offset vs crooked bed / axle issue-rbgwi5f.jpg

Old 09-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, with such an overwhelming response (HAHA!!) I have decided to keep the wrong offset wheel. I will just have the tires on that side mounted/dismounted when they get rotated.

Quick Reply: Wheel offset vs crooked bed / axle issue