FUEL coupler wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FUEL coupler wheels

was looking to dump some money into my 2004 f150 fx4 and thought that new tires and wheels would do me good.

Came across the FUEL Coupler wheels. Black and Tinted would match the two-tone paint on the truck (Black with the gray accent down bottom).

The Couplers are 20x10 with (-12mm or -24mm) offset. I think the -12mm would put me at around 5" of backspacing. Thinking 33" tires (maybe Toyo MTs or the FUEL Offroad MTs).

Would this setup work on a stock FX4? How far out would these tires stick?

much appreciated.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, they will work with 33's. A 10 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of BS will stick out 3 inches farther than your OEM wheels.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:13 PM

Stick a level on it and you can do a bit bigger tires. 33s should work fine stock. They'll stick out a good bit, but it'll look good. Go with the Toyos though

Old 11-22-2013, 06:33 PM
they also come in 20x10 with -24mm offset (4.5 BS?)

If i go with say a 2.5" level and 35's with the -24mm offset will i be looking at trimming/rubbing etc.?

i thought toyos also. maybe even open country at's

thanks guys.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:09 PM
i run 20x10 -12 with 33 toyos on a 2 inch level. with no level you are going to rub like crazy. with a level youll still rub anytime you turn in reverse and when turning hard and going over a bump while going forward.

Name:  Photo2153_zps0a453101.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  71.2 KB

if you want more pictures there are plenty on my profile

Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by jdeacon
i run 20x10 -12 with 33 toyos on a 2 inch level. with no level you are going to rub like crazy. with a level youll still rub anytime you turn in reverse and when turning hard and going over a bump while going forward.

if you want more pictures there are plenty on my profile
nice looking truck. that's the look/stance i am going for. would the -24mm offset be worse off than the -12mm in terms of rubbing? did you do any trimming?

been looking for pics/video of what guys consider rubbing/trimming for similar setup but cant find anything. lock out to lock out while parked in the driveway is one thing but i wouldn't want to be driving, hit a big bump then have the tire catch something. also dont want to find this out after shelling out a few grand for wheels/tires.

thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:22 PM
yes, -24 will be way worse. I rub on the lower bumper trim piece and on the inside fender liner. So by pushing the wheel out more you may not rub on the fender liner, but it will make the rubbing worse on the lower bumper trim. I didnt trim anything. I choose to avoid tight parking lots and just park out in the middle of nowhere, so I never really have to turn hard in reverse.

on a side note, I dont have any sort of mud flaps, and the offset causes the tires to throw spary/mud/debris all down the side of my truck. I run a much higher offset wheel and narrower tire in the winter to avoid this, but if im driving in the rain with these wheels or on a muddy dirt road, the spray literally arcs up as high as the truck. so if you are trying to protect your paint job, have a winter set or get some mud flaps.

all in all im not trying to steer you clear of this set up. if i could go back i would do it the same way every time. just trying to make sure youre aware

Quick Reply: FUEL coupler wheels