F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-29/)
-   -   What offset to get? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes/491725-what-offset-get.html)

Bignasty7 11-05-2013 11:19 PM

So do yall think the 17x9s with -12 offset and 4.50 backspacing with a 13.50 will be pretty close my 20x10s with 12.50 tiresi have now?

jdeacon 11-05-2013 11:56 PM

new wheels will move in toward the fender .75 inches. with a 1 inch wider tire (divided by 2) that brings things out .5 inches, which overall leaves you .25 inches inside of your current set up

with that being said

A... I hate rockstars. You can do so much better

B... Not a big fan of a 13.5 inch wide tire on a 9.5 inch wheel

KMAC0694 11-06-2013 12:08 AM

Deacon, too wide of tire for that width of wheel?

Get whatever wheel you like the looks of best, but he probably dislikes them because SO many people have them. I like how they look, but would want something less common. Have you seen the black and machined wheels like Fuels? Those are becoming common too, but there are a lot of different kinds and brands and they look awesome

jdeacon 11-06-2013 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694 (Post 5033364)
Deacon, too wide of tire for that width of wheel?

Get whatever wheel you like the looks of best, but he probably dislikes them because SO many people have them. I like how they look, but would want something less common. Have you seen the black and machined wheels like Fuels? Those are becoming common too, but there are a lot of different kinds and brands and they look awesome

ya, i had 12.5s on 8s before and not only did it look funky because the sidewall wasnt straight up and down, but i had cupping problems (common on wide tires/narrow wheels)

and ya, the rockstars are soooo played out, as are black wheels, even black/machined wheels like you mentioned. but OP, get what you want, its your truck. i purchased a set of black wheels just to run as my winter set up and I hate looking like every other kid who goes into les schwab, but that also doesnt help that there are a million les schwabs where i live haha. if you dig black, do black

jdeacon 11-06-2013 12:22 AM

OP I just saw youre in Idaho. Are the black wheels on a lot of rigs over there? i see you have les schwabs, but not nearly as many as we have. if you see the black wheels a lot and still want them, hop on seattle craigslist. ive flipped 3 sets of xd wheels since summer. they are pretty easy to pick up over here, but they will be even easier after winter

what finish are your wheels? if you wanted to maybe trade i have a set of 18 inch black monsters on 33s, black/machined 17 inch addicts with no tires, and 20 inch black addicts with one 33 lol, all in ford 6 lug

KMAC0694 11-06-2013 12:30 AM

What the hell are les schwabs? :confused:

One more point, I think rockstars look funky when they're smaller than 20s. It's just a big wheel's pattern to me. But once again, go with what you like the best! Cause I never listen to other people, and you shouldn't either

I actually hate most chrome wheels though, but that's on cars. They make it look like tacky low-income individuals got their tax returns :lol:

jdeacon 11-06-2013 12:51 AM

hahaha les schwabs is a tire wheel store. they mainly only carry xd wheels and toyo tires. here in washington there are multiple stores in every town. so every rich kid/guy with no taste/tax return getter runs straight to les schwabs and get the typical xd black wheels. it just really burned me out on the whole look. one of my best buds refuses to run toyo mts simply because half of the trucks in general where i live run them, which is about 95% on the mud terrains in the town

sorry for the rant lol :scared:

KMAC0694 11-06-2013 01:10 AM

I literally can't find Toyos down here other than from offroad shops or online. Discount doesn't carry them, and neither do the other chains. No mom-and-pop places left either . . . It certainly seems like the majority of MTs are Toyos down here too, but then again why wouldn't you run the best? A vast majority of kids get black wheels now though, that's for sure! I'm a strictly two color person though, and chrome accenting pieces are tacky, so that leaves me with black mods and black wheels on muh white truck

I Googled Les Schwab (the same sounds so funny) up though, that's funny :lol: Discount Tires make up the majority of our tire places, so our LS equivalent I guess! I do like that my wheels are discontinued and I've literally seen only one other truck with them, whether online or in person. And they were ironically on a white 04-08 F150 at my dealership . . . I would've shelled out the extra $600 or so for brand new BMFs though if I could go back

pizzaman711 11-06-2013 01:38 AM

You guys and your fancy tire stores... Majority of the ones around here are mom and pop where they can get it, but it's gonna be a few days before it arrives haha.

But yea, I agree, a 13.50 is a little wide for a 9" wheel.

KMAC0694 11-06-2013 01:47 AM

It sucks cause 13.5s aren't really wide enough for 20x12s, which are what I'd like down the road . . . I really need a damn lift already. I'd gladly wait a few days to support a local store. I wish I at least had the option to do that

Deacon, I looked through your threads to find the license plate frame one, but I stumbled upon an interesting one. You made the right decision in your "Help me decide" thread, but you were pretty close to looking like one of those "every rich kid/guy with no taste/tax return getter" just 6 months ago ;) :lol:

Bignasty7 11-06-2013 02:38 AM

I orderd up the 17x9s with -12 offset and 4.50 bs and 37x13.50s lil bit ago so ill see how they go ha im pretty sure they will look great and should be pretty close to my current setup but i will send you pics kmac when i get them and put them on

KMAC0694 11-06-2013 09:40 AM

Sounds good, man. Those are some big rubbers! Pun not intended haha. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Sorry for us taking over your thread talking about other stuff ha

jdeacon 11-06-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694 (Post 5033390)
I literally can't find Toyos down here other than from offroad shops or online. Discount doesn't carry them, and neither do the other chains. No mom-and-pop places left either . . . It certainly seems like the majority of MTs are Toyos down here too, but then again why wouldn't you run the best? A vast majority of kids get black wheels now though, that's for sure! I'm a strictly two color person though, and chrome accenting pieces are tacky, so that leaves me with black mods and black wheels on muh white truck

I Googled Les Schwab (the same sounds so funny) up though, that's funny :lol: Discount Tires make up the majority of our tire places, so our LS equivalent I guess! I do like that my wheels are discontinued and I've literally seen only one other truck with them, whether online or in person. And they were ironically on a white 04-08 F150 at my dealership . . . I would've shelled out the extra $600 or so for brand new BMFs though if I could go back

Ya but where you are its probably fine to run black wheels, and yours are discontinued which makes it even better. I doubt the monster or rockstar will get discontinued any time soon haha

Originally Posted by KMAC0694 (Post 5033400)
It sucks cause 13.5s aren't really wide enough for 20x12s, which are what I'd like down the road . . . I really need a damn lift already. I'd gladly wait a few days to support a local store. I wish I at least had the option to do that

Deacon, I looked through your threads to find the license plate frame one, but I stumbled upon an interesting one. You made the right decision in your "Help me decide" thread, but you were pretty close to looking like one of those "every rich kid/guy with no taste/tax return getter" just 6 months ago ;) :lol:

Ya, that was right about the time where I was getting sick of them. And I had just picked up my moto metal wheels to flip, but they grew and grew on me. So now Im running the monsters in the winter. And dont get me wrong its nice to have a wheel that wont pit if I dont wash it constantly and its nice that they are high offset so they dont throw crap down the side of my truck all winter, but man everyone up here has them lol

KMAC0694 11-06-2013 02:42 PM

I think my area is pretty similar to yours with how many people have black wheels! But chrome pitting is one of my biggest issues cause I never clean my wheels, or my truck for that matter haha. I did have chrome 22s for over a long time though.

The 951s look better than the monsters on your truck. Maybe that's because I'm used to seeing them and anything else looks funky, but I dunno. The negative offset looks better too.

Bignasty7 11-06-2013 03:00 PM

I dont think it will bee too bad.. I kinda like the fat tire look and once i paint my bottom 2tone white and put my black fender flares on it will be pretty sweet but like i said ill put some pics up when its Done

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup