Good Year Wrangler SRA

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Year Wrangler SRA

Hi All,

I picked up my new KR on Friday and it came with the Good Year Wrangler SRA . I talked to the dealer about swapping them for something else and he told me ford doesn't do that anymore. Anyway I was wondering what you thought about the SRA? Tirerack.com doesn't have them ranked that high, and I am looking at more of an all terrain then these. Thanks!!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 AM
I had them on my truck. I wore them out in 20k and they rode like crap and were just awful awful off-road. My opinion they are cheap terrible tire was glad to get them off the truck.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I have them on my truck right now, and they are a decent tire IMO. They came with my truck when I got it, and they were almost brand new, so I decided to wear them down a little before swapping. I have put almost 30k on them, and they ride great on the road, and still look almost brand new. I don't take them offroading much, but they have got me through everything that I needed them to during hunting season, so I would say that they performed decent for more of a street tire. I don't really like the looks of them, and I'm going to upgrade to an a/t or m/t once the time comes, but for a cheap street tire, they aren't too bad.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Had them on my '97 when new and on my '02 when new...the worst tire I've ever had on a vehicle. They're OK for normal, on-road duty, but not much else. Probably good enough I wouldn't run out and buy tires just for the sake of it; they're not dangerous or anything extreme like that. But, of you've got the money and it's what you want to do, there's definitely better that's for darn sure. Put it this way, I disliked mine sooo bad, I almost let them scare me away from ever buying GY again. Glad I got over that cause my MT/R-K's rock!!!!

If you're wanting something a little more all-terrain but not overly aggressive, look at the GY Silent Armour. All indications are that's a phenomenal all-arp under for a truck; and it's a great looking tire to boot, which is the most important factor anyways

Old 01-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh yea, I literally got stuck in my flat front yard in wet grass one time on those tires. No kidding! Had to get my brother-in-law to pull me off the grass with his jeep. And the closest I've ever came to loosing a truck was on a snow covered road with those tires.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
My Good Year Wranglers suck...Got stuck in 2" of mud, and almost went swimming!!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I work for Goodyear and I'm not a big fan of the Wrangler SRA.

The dealer lied to you about swapping tires.

I know the dealer I deal with will do it on purchases, but not leases. In fact, I had the tires on my sister's Fusion swapped out before she took delivery of it. Got the awful Michelins off it for a set of Goodyears.

The Wrangler SRA is ok if you just drive on-road. They're a tire I only really sell if the customer specifically asks for them, or I can't get them to bite on any other tires.(more aggressive/more expensive)

Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
The reason the dealer lied is because Ford never swapped tires. It is a dealer's thing, not Ford.

I've done this many times, and because of the amount of trucks I have bought, my dealer tries to work with me.

I have a new truck on order, and I don't like Pirelli Scorpions. The dealer will work with me to swap out the Scorps for BFG T/A's, or Rugged Terrains (not Trails).

They will come with a price, though. A couple hours of shop time and the difference in tire costs... about a few hundred bucks in the end, but it beats $1000 to $1200.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys for all the replys!! I have calls into a couple of local tire shops to see if they will swap out the tires for me.

Smokewagun the BFG rugged terrains are what I am looking to repalce them with. All the reviews I have read on those tires are great so far.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Let me know what you do, mudmaster. I'll need pics, too. That will make it easier for me when my rig comes in. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Discount tire will usually give you a decent trade on tires if the mileage is low. My last couple of new trucks have gone straight from the Ford dealer to Discount tire.

Quick Reply: Good Year Wrangler SRA