Need Bigger Tire Sizes for 2008 f150 with 2" leveling kit

Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need Bigger Tire Sizes for 2008 f150 with 2" leveling kit

I need bigger tire sizes that will fit on my 2008 ford f150 with a 2 inch leveling kit. And what kind of tires will be good for the highways and have grip for the mud/snow. Give me a list please

Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
It depends if you have a 2wd or 4wd. With a 2wd and level, you can fit 33s on stock rims. On a 4wd you can fit 35s on stock rims. BFG KOs are good all around tires. They wear well, do great in the rain and snow and are okay in the mud. I'm running Nitto Trail Grapplers and they have been great so far. They are substantially louder than ATs but are pretty quiet compared to MTs. They have been good in the rain, mud and snow that I've had them in. The tread life is not as good as an AT but that's to be expected. If you're not going to do much wheeling and the looks of a MT are not necessary, I'd stick to an AT simply because improved all around performance. If I go back to an AT, it will definitely be the BFG KOs again. I had them for about 50k miles on my old ZR2 Blazer before I sold it and they did everything I asked them to do.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by UNC Lariat
It depends if you have a 2wd or 4wd. With a 2wd and level, you can fit 33s on stock rims. On a 4wd you can fit 35s on stock rims. BFG KOs are good all around tires. They wear well, do great in the rain and snow and are okay in the mud. I'm running Nitto Trail Grapplers and they have been great so far. They are substantially louder than ATs but are pretty quiet compared to MTs. They have been good in the rain, mud and snow that I've had them in. The tread life is not as good as an AT but that's to be expected. If you're not going to do much wheeling and the looks of a MT are not necessary, I'd stick to an AT simply because improved all around performance. If I go back to an AT, it will definitely be the BFG KOs again. I had them for about 50k miles on my old ZR2 Blazer before I sold it and they did everything I asked them to do.
315/65/17 BFG KO's are what I am running as of yesterday, haha, but I too have been told that they will easily last 50-60K miles, they fit just fine with my 3" leveling kit with 1" block in back, factory backspacing

Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
willing to hook you up some at cost, just let me know when youre ready...

Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by hanginten24
315/65/17 BFG KO's are what I am running as of yesterday, haha, but I too have been told that they will easily last 50-60K miles, they fit just fine with my 3" leveling kit with 1" block in back, factory backspacing
i can see my work from there

Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by fordordie1
i can see my work from there
no ****! I live kinda in the background there in Tindeco Wharf, I am a Nurse at Hopkins, where you work at in the city bro?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Bigger Tire Sizes for 2008 f150 with 2" leveling kit