New wheels and tires now tire pressure gauge won't go off

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear you sfam198. Unfortunately I just purchased my F150 with aftermarket wheels already installed. The sensors were not swapped over, so I was hoping for an alternative. I guess I'll have to suck it up and get some sensors and bands, because it's annoying to me...and I'm a little OCD. LOL!

Originally Posted by sfam198
i don't get why everyone complains about tpms sensors. sure it's a minor annoyance to have to retrain the vehicle when you swap wheels. but the extra cost is relatively low. seriously i see people buying $2k worth of wheels and tires and then crying about an extra $70-100 in sensors.

if you go to a good tire shop to have your new wheels/tires mounted, they should retrain the sensors for free or very little. we do it for $5, if i charge anything. most times i do it for free because it literally takes about 3 minutes to walk around the truck with the tool and retrain the sensors. it takes longer to swap the wheels.

if you think one sensor with a little light on the dash to annoy you is bad, you should drive a mercedes or bmw. those things have a sensor for everything, literally. brake pads, oil level, trans level, tpms, washer fluid level, brake fluid level, everything.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Adrnlnjunky
I hear you sfam198. Unfortunately I just purchased my F150 with aftermarket wheels already installed. The sensors were not swapped over, so I was hoping for an alternative. I guess I'll have to suck it up and get some sensors and bands, because it's annoying to me...and I'm a little OCD. LOL!
i hear ya, that can be an annoyance when the previous owner doesn't do things right or only does them half-assed.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
When I got new wheels, I ordered a set of bands from Tire Rack. There was no extra charge to swap my sensors from the old wheels to the new wheels. But those fees depend on which shop is doing the work. Some shops may even have the bands in stock and you won't have to order them from somewhere else. Some shops will even charge you for valve stems....and air if they can get away with it. Try negotiating the fee. After all, you're already buying their rims & tires. What kind of greedy shyster sells you thousands of dollars worth of rims & tires, then tries to squeeze you for more on little things like that?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Ya gotta love the government always putting their noses in your business. If your too stupid to check your tires you're too stupid to pay attention to an idiot light.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Or u can do this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Tire-Pressure-Sensor-Bypass/

Old 05-18-2017, 11:28 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by tyboy#
http://www.instructables.com/id/Tire-Pressure-Sensor-Bypass/
Does not work on 2007 and newer systems.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try this. Worked for me.
http://www.tpmsbypass.com/shop/

Quick Reply: New wheels and tires now tire pressure gauge won't go off