OEM Pirelli Tire Issue

Old 02-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Pirelli Tire Issue

Does anyone else have issues with their OEM Pirelli P275/55Rx20? My truck can't sit overnight without getting flat spots on the tires. I checked the pressure and everything is according to the specs. I like the look of the tires, but I don't like the flat spots. What other tires would you recommend?
Thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Buy new tires is the only option, I have the same tires as you and they flat spot most everytime I park for longer then an hour. The owners manual speaks about this and it does go away after a few miles of driving, my problem is I only work 3 miles from home so its never enough distance for them to go away

Old 02-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Pirelli's suck. My brother totaled one of his cars because the Pirelli's on it didn't want to hold together "kind of like the firestone fiasco". I almost totaled one of my buddies Saleen Mustangs because the Pirelli's didn't want to stick and they still had more than enough tred to hold.
I know it sucks that you have a new truck but the only way to get rid of it is new tires. Anything but Pirelli's are a good choice. On a budget? Go with Kumho's. Money is no big deal? Go BFG's or something like that.
Natty...

Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pirelli is like every other tire company. They makes some great tires and some cheap, low end crap. Guess which one Ford purchased for OEM.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06NATTY
Pirelli's suck.
Like Wandell said, every tire company makes good and bad products. Don't make blanket statements like that.

The Pirelli ATR is the top rated tire @ Tirerack right now. If you don't agree, add your experience so others are not misled.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Pirelli Tire Issue