Rear Brake Noise Bad, Need Help...Please

Old 02-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Brake Noise Bad, Need Help...Please

I'm really at my witts end...

My 1997 f-150 4.2L V-6 2wd started making a bad grinding noise when I came to a compleate stop the other day...Sounded like the rear brakes..

I pulled my rear drums and inspected the brakes they looked ok but just lots of dust and grime and a few lines in the shoes but otherwise no leaks and looked ok...

So, since I was in there I said what the heck I'll change the shoes and clean it up a bit...So, now I've changed the shoes, cleaned it, bleed the air out put it all back togeather and still same bad grinding noise...

I have no idea what's cuasing this noise, it's almost like the brakes are moving around in there and not really grabbing there was evidende on the backing plate where it looked like it had been rubbing or hit...

I really have know idea at this point my brake fluid was really broken down could that be it..???

My truck is my livelyhood and I don't know any Mechanics here in Florida, I'm really in trouble...

Any and all help would be appreciated...

Old 02-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you get the drums turned or replaced? If the pads were grooved, what do the drums look like?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This might sound dumb, but did you check the front brakes?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Brake Noise Bad, Need Help...Please