Brake failures?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake failures?

Hello - I am a reporter for CTV National News in Toronto and I am researching possible brake failure problems with F150's -- years 2004, 2005 and/or 2006. Has anyone had this problem?
Can anyone recommend an independent mechanic in Canada who specializes in servicing F150's?
Please respond to this thread -- or send me an email at whistleblower@ctv.ca
Thanks so much,
Kathy Tomlinson

Old 02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kathy T
Hello - I am a reporter for CTV National News in Toronto and I am researching possible brake failure problems with F150's -- years 2004, 2005 and/or 2006. Has anyone had this problem?
Can anyone recommend an independent mechanic in Canada who specializes in servicing F150's?
Please respond to this thread -- or send me an email at whistleblower@ctv.ca
Thanks so much,
Kathy Tomlinson
NO

Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whistleblower??? please lol lol

Old 02-07-2007, 08:46 PM
+ 1 on the NO.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:52 PM
+ 1 more on no no this should be for owners only.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kathy, not here!

Last edited by torkum; 02-07-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ditto. NO!!!!! The information you seek can be found from the NHTSA or Ford Motor Company itself.

For a reporter, you're not very resourceful...

-Joe

Old 02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
We are also checking into several other sources -- but I'm still hoping someone on this forum will be helpful, instead of insulting.
Again -- we would like to connect with anyone who may have experienced brake failure problems with their F-150. We are also looking for an independent (non-Ford dealer) mechanic who specializes in servicing Ford trucks.
Thanks again,
Kathy Tomlinson
whistleblower@ctv.ca

Old 02-08-2007, 10:45 AM
What part of NO can she not understand ? Eh?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kathy T
We are also checking into several other sources -- but I'm still hoping someone on this forum will be helpful, instead of insulting.
Again -- we would like to connect with anyone who may have experienced brake failure problems with their F-150. We are also looking for an independent (non-Ford dealer) mechanic who specializes in servicing Ford trucks.
Thanks again,
Kathy Tomlinson
whistleblower@ctv.ca
Please re-read the terms of use you agreed to when you registered for this site.

This site may NOT be used to discuss, organize or encourage legal action, including but not limited to class-actions, against any current or present sponsor, advertiser or Supporting Vendor. If in the estimation of the operators of this site a message violates this rule, it will be removed immediately, without notice.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing, blatant cross-posting, promotion of competitive commercial or non-commercial sites and/or their affiliates & organizations in messages or signatures, falsifying identity to promote a site or businesses in which you are involved, solicitations of any manner and registering multiple screennames for any purpose that is against our rules are considered inappropriate on these forums and may result in account suspension or immediate and permanent revokation of your posting rights.
Feel free to use the SEARCH button to perform your research while your account is still active. You'll likely find two things: First, you're likely to find numerous 'brake failure' issues. Brake, like any system on a vehicle, can 'fail' in a number of different ways. Searching for 'brake failures' is like searching for 'red flowers.' I don't know that you could get any more vague with the request. Second, you'll be hard-pressed to find many technicians that make a living repairing only Ford vehicles and don't work for a Ford dealership. I don't know how things are up there in Canada, but around here (Dearborn, the heart of Ford country) it's unlikely you'll find an independent shop that works on Fords alone. You'd have better luck running a classified ad.

Finally, in case you haven't noticed, fishing for leads for a story about any type of deficiency on a Ford Truck Enthusiast's board is askin' for trouble. Do you really expect us to point out the weakest member of the pack to a predator?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Kathy -- but I'm still hoping someone on this forum will be helpful, instead of insulting.

Thanks again,
Kathy Tomlinson
[email
whistleblower@ctv.ca[/email]
If she thinks we are insulting her now, she doesn't know this forum. Alright who wants to go first?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shes never heard of the nhtsa??? that has every recall from every car model ever made.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Agreed, and scum like her are why american car companies can't afford to pay their employees, and are outsourcing their work to foreign countries.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by flareside4life
Agreed, and scum like her are why american car companies can't afford to pay their employees, and are outsourcing their work to foreign countries.

right. she is definitely responsible for the hard times Ford and GM are having. what brilliant insight.

Quick Reply: Brake failures?