Wheel smashed into curb

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel smashed into curb

Hi, it snowed at least one inch here today. While I was coming home, I turned onto my street but my truck did not want to turn. It just slid right into the curb. Now my alignment is out of whack and my rim is bent and the lip is pushed in. Does anyone know if once I get the alignment done my steering wheel will be straight again? Right now I have to turn the wheel to the right to go down the road straight. Now I need another rim. If anyone has one laying around in good condition that there willing to sell please let me know. Not having much luck finding one in my area. I don't need the center cap, just the wheel.

Rob

Here is a pick of my rim

Old 01-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Suspended
Alignment is fixable, the rim....is not. sorry!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
if the alignment is done right....the steering will be straight!!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Just recently ran into the same problem, i didnt hit a curb but there was a good amount of snow and went to turn into my driveway but ended up sliding up the 2 steps leading to my neighbors walkway to the door, the steering wheel was all out of whack to the right, took it to a alignment shop and its better now than it was when I bought the truck. Good luck with the alignment, make sure you find a good shop, I had my spacer installed and the alignment was horrible after the shop installed it and I took it back and the swore up and down it was fine but I would go down the road and it would want to go right.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Good to know that my steering wheel will be straight again. Now I just need to find a good used rim.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
there are companys out there that will fix the wheels. we personally deal with a company called turbax. they are located in florida. If you look you can probably find a shop closer to canada. just a thought probably a lot cheaper then a new one from ford...

Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Take it to Windsor Spring and alignment on Crawford. They will tell you what part you broke. If you can do the work yourself for $10.00 they will tell you what is broken. Get the parts then install them and go back for an alignment. Have you tried the wheel place on Howard by Eugenie? They are next to the Goodyear tire store. They might be able to fix it. If not e-bay is your friend.

JMC

Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by JMC
Take it to Windsor Spring and alignment on Crawford. They will tell you what part you broke. If you can do the work yourself for $10.00 they will tell you what is broken. Get the parts then install them and go back for an alignment. Have you tried the wheel place on Howard by Eugenie? They are next to the Goodyear tire store. They might be able to fix it. If not e-bay is your friend.

JMC
Hi, I took my truck this morning to ontario spring and alignment on parent ave. and they fixed her right up for $70. Took about 45 minutes and now it tracks better than ever and the best part of all is that my steering wheel is straight again. I recently got a new set of toyos put on so I was looking into doing an alignment anyways. As for the wheel, I went to wheel covers unlimited and they said they could fix it to like new condition for $175. I laughed and said that Boss auto parts by the airport wanted $175 for a grade A wheel. So that ended that and now I'm onto ebay to search for a rim.

Rob

Quick Reply: Wheel smashed into curb