Aftermarket wheels that値l fit stock 04 Lariat tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket wheels that値l fit stock 04 Lariat tires?

I am looking for aftermarket 18" wheels that'll fit my stock 04 Lariat 2X4 tires.

Right now I am leaning toward black wheels.
Does anyone know of anyone who sells decent wheels in 18x8.5?

I have checked tirerack.com and discounttire.com, does anyone have any other suggestions of where to look?

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I think you may not like the look of stock tires on aftermarket wheels that are wider. I tried this on some Black wheels 18x9.5 and the truck looked like a low rider. A place I liked to check out wheels is www.wheelsforless.com they have pretty decent pricing and sometimes free shipping on many items. Be careful with the backspacing because it will be critical in getting the look you want or the look you hate. You may not find the wheel you are looking at with the backspacing needed for the look you want. It could be sticking out or rubbing. So check this before you make a costly mistake.

Last edited by TX-FX-4; 01-16-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
I think you may not like the look of stock tires on aftermarket wheels that are wider. I tried this on some Black wheels 18x9.5 and the truck looked like a low rider. A place I liked to check out wheels is www.wheelsforless.com they have pretty decent pricing and sometimes free shipping on many items. Be careful with the backspacing because it will be critical in getting the look you want or the look you hate. You may not find the wheel you are looking at with the backspacing needed for the look you want. It could be sticking out or rubbing. So check this before you make a costly mistake.
I am really looking at getting 18x8 or 18x8.5 and would also like the same back spacing as the stock, just for those reasons. Or at least that is what I was thinking...
Thanks for the link and the reminder to watch the back spacing!

Old 01-16-2006, 09:44 PM
What is the right off set and back spacing?

What is the stock 04 Larait 18" 2x4 wheel off set and back spacing?

Thanks!!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Sorry I don't know about the 2x4 BUT; I believe the backspace on our trucks are at 5.5". with 6-135 bolt pattern, unless you have the heavy payload package and 7 bolt pattern. WANDELL on the site knows more about the differences. I would get the 18x8.5 with 5.5" backspace like these
http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...duct_ID=612885

or

http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...uct_ID=AR60888

or

http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...oduct_ID=61988

I really like tha FLAT BLACK wheels but have had a hard time finding ones that I like with the proper backspace. try to have a couple of options so that you won't get disappointed If they don't have the exact wheels you want. Good luck

Old 01-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I could not get those links to work...save some kind or error, but thank you very much for them!
Could you please just tell me the brand and name of them, so I can google them?

Thanks a lot!!

Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
Sorry I don't know about the 2x4 BUT; I believe the backspace on our trucks are at 5.5". with 6-135 bolt pattern, unless you have the heavy payload package and 7 bolt pattern. WANDELL on the site knows more about the differences. I would get the 18x8.5 with 5.5" backspace like these
http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...duct_ID=612885

or

http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...uct_ID=AR60888

or

http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...oduct_ID=61988

I really like tha FLAT BLACK wheels but have had a hard time finding ones that I like with the proper backspace. try to have a couple of options so that you won't get disappointed If they don't have the exact wheels you want. Good luck

Old 01-19-2006, 02:19 AM
I have an '04 Lariat Screw, but it's 4wd. I bought a set of American Racing Victor Teflon wheels (in black), but they are 18x9.5. My truck is black as well, and it is "off the hook"....I know they make them in smaller widths for an 18" diameter tire, you'll just have shop around..

Old 01-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by SSpray
I could not get those links to work...save some kind or error, but thank you very much for them!
Could you please just tell me the brand and name of them, so I can google them?

Thanks a lot!!

Sorry about that. The website is www.wheelsforless.com
the brand of wheels I was refering to were the American Racing brand

FUEL- which come in 18x8.5 with 5.5 backspace in chrome and black
MATRIX- 18x8 which come in chrome and 5.5 backspace
SPINE- 18x8.5 with 6" backspace
SKAR-18x8.5 with 6" backspace.

The black wheels that I liked and bought were the American Racing mojave teflon 18x9.5 but since the backspacing was only 4.25 not only did the tire stick out a few inches(which would be fine If I haed a lift) but they rubbed very very bad on turns so I had to let them go. Remember that our trucks now have wheels like a front wheel drive car so the backspace has to be right if you don't want it to stick out. Luck to you

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wheels that値l fit stock 04 Lariat tires?