Performance Friction pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance Friction pads

Has anyone used the performance friction pads and if so how did you like them, how was the dust, feel and stopping power?

Old 12-22-2005, 07:27 AM
I've been using the performance friction pads for the last 130k on my '99. They are definitely easier on the rotors. I had been having some rotor problems with the OEM pads and that went away with the perf. friction pads. They stop very well with what seems like less pedal pressure than before. The drawback is dust and wear. They wear a little faster. They produce alot of dust. This will drive you crazy if you're a clean freak. I've sort of come to terms with having dark front wheels. Overall, I'd recommend them. They put a stop to my rotor problems.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:12 AM
The Performance Friction was an answer to GM's problem with their undersized brakes on the '88 to '99 1/2 ton trucks. These carbon-met pads let the brakes last over 8,000 miles.

Now, using them on a Ford...I've gotton noise, but be careful installing them thew will glide when brand new until they are seated. By glide I mean you will push the pedal, it will slow down but it doesn't stop at low speed...like under 2mph. So in a parking lot it will be really easy to hit a parked car. Make sure to seat them in, in a safe isolated place. After seating them in I get 75k commonly out of them.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Suspended for Cross Posting
I used them on my 94 Chevy 1500 ext cab and they were great, much dust but they would stop that big thing. I haven't tried them on the L but they are great pads for the $$$.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Brake Pads

IF You want clean front rims try EBC greenstuff brake pads.Very good stoping power, very little brake dust.

Quick Reply: Performance Friction pads