brembo replacement rotors, who's got em?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brembo replacement rotors, who's got em?

anyone running the replacement brembo rotors from tirerack? are the good quality, anyone have any problems with them? really need some new rotors and don't want to go to ford any pay 175 a piece for the oem ones, what a crock!

Old 07-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I don't have them (yet) on my F150, but just bought a set for a 95 Buick, along with Akebono pads. They came quickly and all the order was correct (typical Tirerack performance). The rotors were beefier than the stock GMs and were well finshed (quality of machining). I put them on last Saturday, and are going through the bedding in period so it's too early to tell much. I can say the combination is very (very) quiet and smooth, and the petal feel is nicely progressive. After bedding in, I'll see how they really stop (smile).

I've been strongly considering them for my F150, which is between brake jobs now, as I found the stock pads did stop way better than the aftermarkets (brand unknown) my local tire shop put on. The stock pads / rotors wore smooth and flat - the aftermarkets are not treating the rotors well. I'm sure I can do better then the stock Ford pads / rotors, so using the Brembo/Akebono combination on the wife's Buick is a dual purpose thing. She really needed new everything and I get to see how they do, on that car anyway.

I don't care about dust, btw - I want to stop (and now).

Old 07-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I've had the Brembos for about one year and 7k miles. They are still doin' the job & I would buy them again. I paired them up with tirerack's satisfied pro ceramic pads.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
I have a set of PowerSlot rotors on my 92 F150, and 95 Explorer with severe duty pads on both. The rotors worked great and I have no brake dust build up on the front rims. I also put them on my 92 SHO with ceramic pads, and ran the car at Summit Point race track. I had no brake fad or any dust build up after track day. I was hard on them too. They are a little cheaper then Brembo, but I love mine.
[IMG]6099[/IMG]

Old 07-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I've had the Brembo OEM's on my truck for about six months and could not be happier. I decided to go with EBC 6000 pads and am pleased with my decision. The Brembo's are well made, have had no warping issues, and I feel are superior to all other rotors. You'll hear a lot of guys on here talk about getting slotted or cross drilled rotors, but in the end, you should remember that you're driving a 6000lb. truck, not a Mustang, and slotted rotors are not going to make that big of a difference. Get the Brembo's, you'll be satisfied.

-Craig

Old 07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes, Brembos are about the best out there, but I dont have the money to buy them. I havent had a wrapping/brake fading issues with any of my vehicles that I have the slotted rotors on. I wish I had brembos, but the power slots work great for me.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Brembo rotors and EBC6000 pads

On my 97 F-150 2wd 5.4 I installed Brembo rotors and EBC6000 pads from Tire Rack 14k miles ago. I was happy until I had about 10k miles on them and the rotors warped and the pads had poor braking performance. I have since replaced with Bendix rotors and Bendix Titanium ll pads. They perform well. I only want to get 35-40k miles out of the front brakes. Only time will tell. There are places that sell OEM brakes on the web at good prices. Next time I will use OEM as I got 40k out of them with no warpage and good performance.

Old 07-24-2005, 08:41 AM
'00 F150 4x4
8K miles on these brakes

I got the Brembo and the EBC6000 from TireRack as well but I have not been happy at all with them. From day one I've had a "chirping" noise and a lot more braking noise that I have not been able to get rid of. I've replaced the pads once and had the rotors turned twice in 8,000 miles and it's still there. My set of EBCs gave off an enormous amount of brake dust as well. Since changing those to whatever Advanced Auto had, I haven't had any problem with the dust.

I think overall you will hear a lot of valid positive comments about Brembos and/or the EBCs - I think I just got a bad set or something and now I'm looking to replace them with something else (which is why I'm in the brake forum again so soon ).

bone

Old 07-24-2005, 06:17 PM
i just spend over 400 dollars to replace my back brakes, and now i need to replace the front, and i hope to be able to do it for less than that.. what do yall suggest Vehicle: 97 f150 2wd 4.6L

Old 07-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Black Triton

I've got a set setting in the garage waiting to go on my wife's Explorer. The local Ford dealership actually recommended them as a replacement for our currently warped rotors with 55k miles on them. The dealership has been using them (and getting them from Tirerack) now for folks wanting and needing excellent preformance from their brakes. I pull a heavy boat with my Explorer and for sure need all the stopping power I can get...........come to think of it, I need all the horsepower I can get too.

enb

Old 07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Had the Brembo replacement rotors on my last brake job. Worked great. I ran the stock pads on my second brake change (just turned the rotors), but I switched to Hawk HPS pads with the Brembo's. I love the Hawk pads. The EBC's are also good pads, but according to a larger online vendor who carries both the EBC's don't have consistant quality compared to Hawk. That being said, when I upgraded to 18" wheels, I wanted more braking to counteract the effects of the larger wheel package and ordered a set of EBC sport slotted rotors (front and rear) and another set of Hawk pads. This definately helped combined with the much wider and stickier tires.

In order of performance/life in my experience.

1. Brembo rotors /stock pads - longest life combined life, stock pads seem to be pretty hard on the rotors to achieve longer pad life though.
2. Brembo rotors / Hawk HPS pads - longer rotor life, shorter pad life, improved braking over #1, similar to stock dust
3. EBC Sport Rotors/ Hawk HPS pads - longer rotor life, even shorter pad life (slots wear pads faster), improved braking over #2, slots make a little more noise, only really noticeable with the windows down.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I've had the Brembos on my 2001 Supercrew 4x4 for over 35K with great results; just changed the pads from Hawk Super to Hawk Performance Ceramic (got 35K out of the Supers, but wanted to try ceramic). The mechanic said that I did not need to turn the rotors, that the pads still had some life in them, but that the rear pads were more worn than front (all were put on together 35K ago). I've been very pleased with the Brembo/Hawk combination on the Supercrew. I've got Brembo slotted rotors and EBC Greenstuff pads on my wife's 2000 Volks Passat (V6 4Motion w/ Eibach Sportline springs and struts) - also very pleased with that set-up.

Old 08-06-2005, 02:25 AM
The brembos are a great product and you wont be disapointed as long as you get some good pads to go with them. I have had great luck with hawk products. And for refence you should never turn your rotors if they are warped. They warp because of heat build-up, and when you turn them it just takes away from the mass of the rotor so it disapates even less heat and will warp even easier. As far as the brembos go they are well built and work great, cant see you warping them unless you have something else wrong. I run these on my cobra on road courses without problems. You wont be disapointed.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:54 PM
I have the brembo's on my cobra, good rotors. local parts store wanted 52.00 a piece for wagner lifetime warranty, as another option on the f-150. they seem ok so far.

Quick Reply: brembo replacement rotors, who's got em?