stock tire size question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock tire size question

I'm getting ready to put new tires on my wife's '00 Expy EB and am reading some conflicting things...
I don't recall what size tires (General Grabbers seen here ) came from the factory, but we had the crappy Continentals put on with the recall. We didn't have the money to buy any at that time. The Cont's are 265/70/17's. I was looking at tirerack.com and found that THEY (Edit: along with Bridgestone's website and BFG's...sigh...) say that the stock size for the truck is 275/60/17. Huh?? And I do recall thinking, at the time of the recall, that the Cont's looked a different shape. And if they did mess it up, then our speedo is off right now by 5.4% (too slow)...dammit!! My wife actually took the truck to get the tires done and she said they seemed incompetent with it so I don't doubt that they screwed it up, but I'd like to know what stock tire size is so that I can match the circumference with that handy Miata tire size calculator site and then shop for tires.
For the record, I have the same stock wheels still on the truck, 3.55's 5.4L EB 4x2 with towing package.

Thanks guys and gals!

p.s. - I'm gonna be shopping for some quality, quiet street tires. This is a family vehicle and want minimal road noise.
Edit: After looking around at sites, I think I may be going with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's. They seem to have good reviews although I couldn't find any reference to them on this site.

Last edited by tbird9768; 06-19-2005 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It should be listed on the door sticker, I believe.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right. I didn't know that was on there.

Stupid dealership!! 275/60/17 is on the sticker!!!!

Quick Reply: stock tire size question