F150 kind of jerky

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 kind of jerky

My F150 is kind of jerky while riding down the road. It acts like it wants to stop almost like the brakes are scrubbing against the rotors. I just replaced the brakes about a month ago. I was also leaning towards the transmission because when it upshifts or downshifts, it would sometimes jerk hard. Mine isn't jerking real hard but hard enough for me to notice. It only does it for about 2-5 seconds and stops. I had my tranny rebuilt at around 135,000 and it only has about 145,000 on it now. Could my problem be that the rotors need to be turned? This is my 2nd or 3rd brake job and I haven't turned the rotors once. If I do have to turn my rotors, would it be wise to do it now so my pads won't wear out faster or do it on my next brake job?

Thanks,

Chris

Old 06-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to let everyone know, I fixed my problem. I decided to check the wear on my rear brakes. One was about 98% worn and the other about 95% worn. Needless to say, I replaced them. I haven't checked for the scrubbing feeling yet but will check it tomorrow on my way to work. The brakes on the left rear were worn down to the metal. The brakes on the right side looked like they could last another 50-100 miles. Not sure if that means anything about the wear of the brakes or if it is normal. Thanks for the replies.

Chris.

Quick Reply: F150 kind of jerky