Any Yokohama users

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Yokohama users

Anyone have experience with Yokohama H/T-S G051 (highway tires)? Thinking about buying these. Looking for:

1) low noise
2) good wet traction
3) good snow traction

Old 08-21-2003, 02:29 PM
I have not used those specific Yokohamas, but I do have a set on my Cobra, 245/45/17s I am pleased with the wet traction and grip. Don't know about snow because my car does not ever see it. I would imagine that there is quite a bit of difference between truck tires and my Z rated ones. But as an overall brand, I like Yokahamas.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:28 AM
i like the geolanders taht i got a lot, they are smooth and soft so i get more traction, and you are smart by going with yokohamas, i work at a tire shop, and that is what i would reccomend for everyone

Old 08-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

I had the Yokahama AVS/ST, I think that was the name of them. Been a while. Whatever you do stay away from that particular Yoko. The noisiest tire I ever had, drove me crazy. They were fine for about 10k, then the noise started up. Sounded like a set of swampers doing 70 on the interstate. WAWAWAWAWAWAWA. Sheez, I couldn't wait to ditch them. Handling was amazing, but I spend alot of time on the road.,,,,98

Old 08-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Tried to cut/paste a link to this earlier post, but unsuccessful so here goes:

Re the yokos, I have been very pleased so far and would buy them again. They were replacing Michelin XC LT4s that had replaced the original Firestone Rollover specials. I was planning to just replace with Michelins again, but decided to shop around just to be sure.

My reasoning behind eventually selecting the Yokos over others was:
- Same or better reviews on tirerack and other boards on the Yokohamas vs Michelins & Goodyears
- Yoko's were about $50 cheaper a tire (got them at tirerack)

After @ 5000 miles I'm still happy with the decision. Impressions:
- yoko's as quiet as the LT4s were
- dry and rain traction as good so far
- tread pattern and sidewall look better IMO
- time will tell if the wear is as long, as I got about 45K out of the LT4s.

Old 08-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Thanks

I was pretty well sold on them. Just wanted to check a pole. Actually what I'm gonna do is put em on a brand new Sport Track I'm gettin for the wife. It has Wrangler RT/s originally and they are same size as my F150's Wrangler A/P's So will be replacing my A/P's with the RT/s's. I liked the A/P's but way too expensive. I think the wife will prefer the Geo's as they should have a little quieter and smoother ride than the RT/S's.

Quick Reply: Any Yokohama users